We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

el'coz

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Houston
4 posts
Save Topic
el'coz

Hi, my family and I just returned from a week stay at the El Cozumelo hotel... We had a great time! We rented a jeep and went around the island it is beautiful.. we booked a snorkling trip on the Manta through Antonio it was a lot of fun... my son and I parasailed ( also booked through the dive shop) it was scary but I loved it. The rooms are just fine, great view, no musty smell in our room 1308... the A/C worked great. The food... sorry but all the reviews I read before we left were right on ( I thought they were just picky eaters) but no the food is bad except the desserts. We found a couple places in town to eat and it's not expensive. Okay for the staff at the El'Coz they were very good even Julio at the front desk he was very nice, there were a couple of waiter's that were just down right rude even if you did tip good, they just must hate life in general but we didn't let it ruin our vacation. In conclusion... the Funjet staff over there are TERRIBLE especially Pepe he is soooo RUDE...When you arrive they want to be your best friend unless they find out you do not want to book anything through them then they want nothing to do with you. Beware of them! Book through the dive shop with Antonio he is nice and cheaper.

Ocean  Beach Club
Parasailing & Paragliding, Waterskiing & Jetskiing
Hakuna Matata Parasail
Parasailing & Paragliding
Carlo's N Charlie's Beach Club
Water Sports, Parasailing & Paragliding, Scuba & Snorkeling
Caribbean Expeditions
Scuba & Snorkeling, Parasailing & Paragliding, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Fishing Charters & Tours
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,689 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: el'coz

Nice of you to post your report. Antonio does seem to be a very helpful person to have on your side. I hope he stops threatening and actually writes his book "How to avoid getting ripped off in Mexico" as we all need a copy. Until then we are lucky to have his input here.