We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Connecticut
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
Dining question

Quick question, please help,

I am planning a day trip to Coz. from PDC and will probably trek over AM/early afternoon in shorts, flip flops, tshirt. Will we be restricted in our evening dining options. Will most restaurants be OK with beach-casual attire?

I don't want to have to lug around formal-casual stuff all day to enjoy a decent dinner!!!

Houston
Level Contributor
187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining question

I have never had a problem. But you may bring a short sleeve button up....

USA
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining question

What type of atmosphere are you looking for? Try checking out the restaurant links for Cozumel at this website:

travelnotes.cc

We stopped at Coconuts for a quick lunch during our "let's tour the wild side of the island by ourselves" excursion. The view of the ocean is absolutely incredible, the food is excellent (much better than what I expected from a beach bar), and they mix a mean margarita!

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining question

You'll be fine at anyplace with outdoor seating. And should be ok at most places with tables inside as well. They are not going to turn away money because you're not properly attired. You're going to be in Mexico, not France or Italy. Two things to know in advance. If you drink pepsi, Ice Tead or lemonade, you'll be charged for each glass, no free refills in Mexico. And you will have to sak for your bill when done eating. Mexican hospitality dictates that they do not rush your dining experience by bringing the bill before you ask for it.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
chicago
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining question

that's great,

i never knew that - will ask for the bill

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
600 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining question

As long as you have a pulse, you should be ok!