We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Cozumel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
W-Town, Nj
4 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Cozumel

Hi, I was just wondering what the weather is like now or if you stayed recently what it was like. Looking online it says rain for everyday but I've heard that it doesnt rain much there...I don't know what to believe, I just don't want thunderstorms everyday of my trip. Thanks

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Cozumel

Just got back and fear not, it was gorgeous! It rained two of the 8 days I was there, and my forecast said rain every day before I left, so I was way worried.

It rained once for about an hour, and then was nice, and the other time for much of the day, but around 5 cleared nicely. I live in DC, and the weather in Cozumel was much nicer than it is here. Much less humidity and more breeze.

You'll love it.

W-Town, Nj
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Cozumel

Less humid than Dc...Well its been really humid here in NJ, I hope it stays that way!! Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Cozumel

Just returned from Cozumel yesterday. We had beautiful weather every day. We did have rain one day for about an hour then right back to beautiful weather. It is humid right now but made the water all that more inviting.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,280 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Cozumel

Then why did my pool overflow. Its been wet for the last four days..and more on the way. June and Sept are the rainiest months here avg 15 inches a month.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,728 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Cozumel

I agree with Dan--the previous poster must have found another Cozumel than the one I am in! Much rain for the last several days and I think more today.

Virginia
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Cozumel

RobertSDF. what do they do if you have diving planned and have paid for it. Do the dive operators cancel the trip? This is my third trip there and we've never had this problem - sometimes a brief storm that passes quickly - but never when it set in and rained. Thanks

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,728 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Cozumel

Not really very expert in that area concerning dive trips. Maybe Dan is more up to speed in that area and can respond to you. I wouldnt want to give you bad advice.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Cozumel

Reply to Robert SDF. Yes, I was at your Cozumel 06/11-06/18 and we did have beautiful weather all week. The day it rained Friday 06/17 we were at Dzul-Ha (I believe that's in Cozumel) and it did only rain for about an hour.