We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnival

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Eau Claire...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Carnival

Which day of February is Carnval?

I'm also looking for a hotel with a goobd beach.

We stayed at Paradisus and Elcozmeleno now we are looking for a different hotel to try.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,436 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carnival

Carnaval is not necessarily in Feb, it is based on when Ash Wednesday falls, which in turn is the beginning of lent, the 40 days preceding Easter. If I remember right the 5 days prior to Ash Wed will be Carnaval, with parades & late night celebrations all over, with the big entertainment at the park 1 block north of the Chedroui store.

A word of warning re the 5 days of celebration, which I was there during last Feb. The music is extremely loud (rock concert volume) and starts at around 11:00 PM and runs until around 5:00 AM. If you were to stay at the Cozumel Palace, you will likely get no sleep at night, and just about the same applies to staying at the Hotel Cozumel which is about 4 blocks south of the stage. We were at Hotel Cozumel, and it was quite loud, and sleep was on & off all night for the 5 nights. If you want to be in Cozumel for Carnaval and value your sleep be sure not to book accomodation in the area where the park & stage are located.

Hopefully someone will post the exact dates, but as of yet they are not on the Cozumel insider web page, which claims to be the official site for such info. (www.cozumelinsider.com)