We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need a lightweight jacket !!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shropshire, England
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Do I need a lightweight jacket !!!

Hi....can anyone advise what the weather is like at the moment.We Brits don't get much hot weather and it's normal in the evenings to need a lightweight jacket.Does the temperature drop much after sundown ?

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
600 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need a lightweight jacket !!!

No, I would not bother bringing one. The heat and humidty are too intense that you would never use it. It is raining here at the moment, so maybe a lightweight nylon rain poncho. The temp does not drop much in the evening.

enjoy cozumel

tom@hotelflamingo.com

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,408 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need a lightweight jacket !!!

Good advise from Tom! And having made many trips to England (one of my favorite places!) , I am sure they will have a rain poncho available! Enjoy the trip!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,408 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I need a lightweight jacket !!!

Sorry, should have said, enjoy your holiday!

Shropshire, England
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do I need a lightweight jacket !!!

Thanks for the advice guys, although I'm hoping it isn't raining too much.Are we talking showers or heavy stuff for hours ?

DFW
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Do I need a lightweight jacket !!!

Hi Blackbeetle,

I am so worried that it's going to be raining all 5 days I am there, at least that's what the weather forcast is saying. I've stayed in Coz in June 5 years ago and it did have some light showers now and then in the afternoon. But I've seen there has been some slight flooding over the past few days. Yuck!

I guess I'll be sure to pack my traveling Scrabble board. : )

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Do I need a lightweight jacket !!!

Only if you come in the winter, Nov-Feb will you need a light jacket at night. Not in the spring, Mar-May no the summer, Jun-Sept. A light waterproof poncho is a good idea in the summer, prefferably the kind that fold up into a fanny pack, so it's easy to put on and put away.

Enjoy Cozumel!!