We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dive shops

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Arlington, VA
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Dive shops

Can anyone give a recomendation for a dive outfit. I will be staying in town at the Suites Bahia. Are there places where you can rent SCUBA gear (BC and Reg)?

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
600 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dive shops

There are many dive outfits to choose from and it depends on the style of diving you want to do. Some people prefer the bigger operations with the large boats, others prefer smaller more personalized service. Check out www.travelnotes.cc and take a look at the reviews and see what catches your eye. My personal favorites are Blue Note and Aqautic Sports. I am sure that the Bahia has a reccomended dive operation that they work with. If you are at the Bahia, I think there are a few that will pick up right there outside the hotel at the pier, so that may be a factor in your decision.

saludos

tom@hotelflamingo.com

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,447 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dive shops

Countless number of dive shops to choose from, and you can rent any or all your gear including computers & underwater cameras at most of them. If you are looking for a small group operator I can recommend Pelagic Ventures, who I dove with this winter. If a big operator with easy on & off boats is more suitable then Aqua Safari comes to mind but there are many top notch operators to choose from. As Tom suggested check reviews at travelnotes.cc/cozumel/links/diveshops.html