We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day in Cozumel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Denton, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Topic
One Day in Cozumel

I will be spending the day in Cozumel in January and would like to get feed back from the itinerary I have listed below.

Take Ultramar at 6:00

Pick up car at Isis

Drive and snorkel to Punta Sur Park

Then Dzul-Ha\Money Bar

And try to get a snorkel trip of Palancar Beach Club

I wanted to know if I am planning to much for one day or is it possible?

Thanks for your advice.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,300 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day in Cozumel

Is Isis open at 645 AM?

I would find out when the Palancar snorkel tour leaves and plan around it.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Day in Cozumel

You have plenty of time to add more to your trip. We do it all the time and still make it back to our place for sunset celebrations.

The Money Bar's new palapa was almost finished 3 weeks ago. They were sanding the teak floors then. The palapa is very nice. Snorkeling is OK, but not great. (Watch for sea urchins just north of the bar if you jump in at the roped area.)

Eat lunch at Palancar or continue on after your snorkel trip to Freedom in Paradise for a quick beverage.

Punta Sur's tour will take you several hours, so save that for another trip.

if you don't eat at Palancar, consider lunch at Playa Bonita or Coconuts. Both places are very good. Bonita has a great sand beach and Coconuts has a great view on the bluff. (I would say to eat lunch at Alberto's, but that is north of Palancar and there is no need to backtrack. Others have said El Galeon is great for food, but we were not impressed the day we were there. Maybe it was an "off" day)

This should get you to mid-late afternoon if you do the AM snorkel trip. Pick a beach and simply watch the surf or go for a stroll. The beach across from el Galeon is excellent.

You should have time to stop at Sr. Iguana's or Mescalitos for another beverage. If you don't stop at these and have the time, check out the tequila museum. (Maybe an hour tour start to finish?) It was a lot of fun when we did it in November. It was $10pp and you get a welcome margarita and can sample a lot of different styles of tequila. You might want to designate the "drinker" at this place.

Fill up with gas at the PEMEX at the transversal road and 65th. Continue into town and drop off the car. Do a little shopping on the square and have dinner at one of the many great places nearby. The town takes on a charm of its own at night and the sunsets make for great photos near the monuments.

Catch a late ferry back to PdC.

PM me your email address and I will .pdf you our beach reviews and an island map with all the beach bars and beaches located. it's about 15 pages of material we have assembled over the years.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,819 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Day in Cozumel

Great suggestions by mslf, as always!

Do remember the last ferry from Cozumel is 10PM.

Enjoy your day!

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,141 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One Day in Cozumel

Playa Palancar trips depart when there are enough people to go out.........there is no schedule. I don't think they require too many, though, but please know that probably the last departure is no later than around about 3pm......Betsy

Denton, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: One Day in Cozumel

No Isis opens at 8:00am. Are there any early bird snorkel trips to the reef?

I was really interested in Punta Sur Park to snorkel and hopefully see a sea turtle. How much time would it take to just snorkel there?

Thanks again for everyone's input I appreciate it all. This is my first time out there so I want to get in as much as possible.

Colin

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Day in Cozumel

I was at Palancar last week..We went out with only 3ppl..It was for 1.5 hours and cost $31...The money bar snorkeling will also take about the same...I was planning on Punta Sur,but was unable due to the winds..From my research on this forum,you will need about 3 hrs here...You sure will sleep well that night..

7. Re: One Day in Cozumel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, September 13, 2009