We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August or September??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
August or September??

Hi, I am planning a trip for August or September - which would be better as far as crowds and weather?

Also, I think from reading the posts that you can snorkel right from the beach at the El Cozumelino Beach Hotel - is this correct?

Thanks for all your help - these forums are great for information for someone that has never been there.

Ivins, UT
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: August or September??

Hi Samantha Jane,

We just read on a Cancun site that September 8-20 is the best time to go because school has started, it's not as hot as the middle of the summer, the prices go down, and the rain starts up again in October. Hope that helps!

Eve
Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: August or September??

I have just booked a trip in September, but definately get travel insurance since this is hurricane season. I was there last year in April, September and December. September was the most humid, is really hot, and it did rain everyday, but only in the mornings except one day when it rained constantly. So prepare accordingly and have a great time.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,280 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: August or September??

If you check at weather.com you will find that the most chanch of bad weather is from the 14th-21sept through a 100 year chart...Sept avg 14 inches of rain a month along with June , 14 inch as well....Remember Ivan came just 90 miles from Coz last year in Sept....August only Avg 3-4 inches..just some info...

dankom@casitademaya.com

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,053 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: August or September??

I am going the first week of August as I've read that September has historically worse weather.

Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: August or September??

Thanks to all of you - I think August it will be!