We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI-Cozumel Palace

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
AI-Cozumel Palace

I have been reading all the posts and am so happy that we picked Cozumel for our first time away from home (Canada) for Christmas.

We booked the Palace and I am wondering what it is like, and since I booked it online, I am assuming from reading posters that there is not bus to meet arriving guests for the hotel at the airport.

Is that right?

How difficult is it to get transportation? How much does it cost? Is this all in American Dollars? Since the Canadian dollar is worth more now, this is a good deal for Canadians travelling. Just wondering.

I saw the packing list.....excellent.

olive branch, ms
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AI-Cozumel Palace

As a member of Palace resorts I get free roundtrip transfers to/from the airport. But, I think that even if you have to pay for a taxi to the resort it can't be much more than about $4 US dollars...

You have chosen the very best resort on the island.

AI or non-AI it will have the best service, food and amenities that you can find. And the resort is located close enough to town for you to walk without the need for taxis unless you just don't enjoy walking.

toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI-Cozumel Palace

what does it mean "Palace resort member"? Is this a time share place?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,711 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI-Cozumel Palace

If you booked a vacation package through a tour company such as Air Canada or Sunquest etc then your transportation is part of the package. All you do is walk outside after clearing customs and look for the rep for your tour company, they will have everything you need plus put you on a van.

olive branch, ms
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AI-Cozumel Palace

It's not a time-share in the traditional time-share sense. You can join Palace Resorts and then you get some good discounted rates at any of the Palace Resorts along with extra perks like free airline tickets and free stays for numerous weeks, free golf vacations, etc. etc. etc...

But you can also stay there without being a member. You just pay a lot more as a non-member than a member, but you will receive the same level of attention and service as a member...

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AI-Cozumel Palace

Cozumel Palace is beautiful. We always stay next door at a private condo but can see the beach/pool/palapa area. Never really looks crowded. We toured the rooms one day thinking we'd stay there and the rooms are excellent. We rented a jeep a couple of weeks ago from there (Avis) and on the way in to the resort they were handing the "guests" wet rolled up towels to wipe their faces - just walking in the door! Excellent location to walk into town. We'll be in Coz (El Cantil next door) for Christmas too!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,300 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AI-Cozumel Palace

There is no beach in the sense that most people would call one. The view is similar to what you see here:

www.cancunmap.com/assist/costa_club.html

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AI-Cozumel Palace

bilover.. check your pm. I sent you my email address and would be happy to email you an actual pic of the Palace.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,711 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AI-Cozumel Palace

Here's the address for an album of photos of the waterfront side, just shot in Feb. (copy & paste)

http://tinyurl.com/3dkj6b

Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
936 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AI-Cozumel Palace

Here are some more pics of Cozumel and Cozumel Palace

http://www.cozumel.texmaps.com/

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: AI-Cozumel Palace

Here are a couple of shots of Coz Palace from 7A at El Cantil before and then after Wilma..

http://tinyurl.com/33jurv

http://tinyurl.com/28x6na