We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Cozumel all-inclusive, fun for kids AND great...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Phily
Level Contributor
39 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Cozumel all-inclusive, fun for kids AND great...

I���ve been looking for a family vacation to Czumel for some time now, and the more reviews I read-the more discouraged I become. It���s like looking for that perfect prince��� I am trying to find a resort that could offer all-inclusive (good food would be great), fun for kids (water slide or lazy river comes to mid), and with great off-shore snorkeling and beach. And of course cost is an issue, since we need two rooms. Please help! Maybe someone went through all this before me and can share an experience! I would greatly appreciate any advice!

Thanks

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,515 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Cozumel all-inclusive, fun for kids AND great...

No water slide or lazy river in Cozumel, or anything like them that I know of. Most resorts have pools, some have beach, some have man made beach like areas. Best shore snorkeling is always where the bottom is not beach like, no food or shelter for the majority of marine life in sandy bottom areas. Best area for shore snorkeling with an AI is the Fiesta Americanna but it has no real beach. You may want to look into areas on the Mayan Riviera which has some commercial attractions with things like you seem to want.

Phily
Level Contributor
39 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Cozumel all-inclusive, fun for kids AND great...

Thank you very much! We have never been to Cozumel but chose it because of superb off-shore snorkeling. Would Rivera Maya have places with comparable off-shore snorkeling?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,515 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Cozumel all-inclusive, fun for kids AND great...

Very few places have the shore snorkeling that is available in Cozumel with such easy access. There are however some commercial places including Xcaret & Xel Ha that are worth looking up. Try the forum for the Yucatan to see if it has a Mayan Riviera section, or just the Yucatan forum. Post your questions and see what you can learn. Cozumel is a wonderful place, but as of yet there is little commercial development in the theme park way, only the marine park, which is spectacular for what it is. Cozumel beaches are not like the beaches along the Atlantic coast of the USA, so people that go thinking they are will be disappointed.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
359 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Cozumel all-inclusive, fun for kids AND great...

Just stay in playa del carmen then take the ferry over to cozumel for day trips! The ferry runs until 11:00 pm.

austin,texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Cozumel all-inclusive, fun for kids AND great...

We just returned from a wonderful trip at the all-inclusive El Cozumeleno. What a fabulous place. We didn't have kids with us, however upon seeing all of the kid amenities (on site-putt-putt golf,playscape,life-size chess game, a sports facility with some weight lifting stuff as well as ping-pong, a beach volleyball court, and two kid friendly pools) we really want to take our kids back with us next time. All the kids we saw there were having a fabulous time. I don't know first hand about the snorkeling, but we did see a lot of people doing it and said that they saw a lot of stuff.I sweated a lot when I was looking for where to stay, especially after reading so many reviews and trying to sort it all out. When we arrived at the El Cozumeleno,that all disappeared. It was a great deal, it had a great beach, the people were super friendly, and it was kept so nicely. The food, not so great,but from what I read, nowhere in Cozumel is exceptional.