We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Melia, questions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Texas
4 posts
Save Topic
Staying at Melia, questions

We will be staying at the Melia at the end of May and are traveling with children (that seem to want to eat all the time) and we have a couple of questions:

1. Are you given plenty of bottled water or do you need to buy some as well?

2. Are the sodas, (Cokes, etc) served in cans or are they fountain drinks with ice?

3. We will be in a Jr. suite, do they have refrigerators?

4. Is there a late night snack bar or room service?

jfk
Michigan
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Melia, questions

we just returned from the Melia 4/16 - 23 and we loved it!

1. Yes, you are given plenty of bottled water. If you aren't, just ask housekeeping and they will give you as many bottles as you would like.

2. Sodas are fountain served with ice. Cans are provided in the refrigerators.

3. yes, Jr. suite does have a refrigerator

4. No, there is no late night snack bar. Some nights they would set out sandwiches with chips in the lobby bar.

Have fun!!!

Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Melia, questions

Thanks for the response JFK - glad you had a great trip. Of course I have more questions.

If there are drinks already in the refrigerator is this considered a mini-bar or is it included in the AI package?

Is there more than one building with Jr. suite rooms? Some comments make me think that there are 2 bldgs - one with elevator - one without. I know the view would be better higher up, but with children it is too hard to take stairs. So should we request lower floor?

Also does the Melia have a self-service laundry room? Trying to pack light, but we will be there 7 days.