We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI- North end or South end/Iberostar,Allegro,Grand?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
45 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
AI- North end or South end/Iberostar,Allegro,Grand?

We went to Iberostar last year in December and had a great time, but thought this year we might try someplace different. Anyone stayed at others for a comparison? Is the Grand occidental or the allegro the resort next to the Iberostar? Thanks for any input.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AI- North end or South end/Iberostar,Allegro,Grand?

We stayed at the Allegro, you can read my post by clicking on my name. As we are Occidental members we were able to visit the Grand. It was very beautiful, the grounds, the rooms, the beach, and restaurants. Much more upscale than the Allegro. But, we loved the Allegro, we were there with 2 teen girls. There were plenty of other kids, lots of activities, good food, excellent staff, and nice rooms. Loved the dive op Palancar, they really were great! I know they also service the Grand. The beach was beautiful and easy access. We snorkeled out front, did hobie cats, Palancar 3 reef snorkel, beach volleyball, crafts, etc.. If you are traveling with kids this is a great resort. Next time in Coz we will do the Grand as my kiddo is almost 18.

Ohio
Level Contributor
935 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI- North end or South end/Iberostar,Allegro,Grand?

The Grand is the resort next to Iberostar, Allegro is the next one to the north. Mo

Flint, Michigan
Level Contributor
90 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI- North end or South end/Iberostar,Allegro,Grand?

We have been to the Grand 3 times and the Allegro once. They are right next to each other and the Iberostar is within walking distance, so they share the same great beach. The other post regarding the fishing/ snorkeling/ dive operator being very good is right on the mark.

As for which is better, I think it's totally a matter of personal likes and dislikes. The Allegro seems to attract a younger, livelier crowd. For instance, the Allegro has a swim-up bar. The Grand does not. For food, the Grand is much better. The Grand is also newer and more picturesque. These are things that cost more, so they charge more at the Occidental Grand. Open minded people will have a great time at either resort.

We own timeshare at the Allegro, but we went there the last time we were in Cozumel, so in October, we are going back to the Occidental Grand. This trip there will be 4 couples and no kids. I can barely stand the wait.

4. Re: AI- North end or South end/Iberostar,Allegro,Grand?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 05, 2009