We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Presidente

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
AUSTIN
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
El Presidente

Is there any chance that if we rent a car we could stop by this place for a little snorkeling or is there no where to park the car, just wanted to see what this place was really like snorkeling wise...

Michigan
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Presidente

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you could pull that off. There is a parking lot. They do have a "guard shack" at the entrance, but the first time to the hotel we said that we were checking in. Wink wink, nudge nudge. Officially, I'm sure they would not like non-residents to use the facilities and so on, but what are they going to do, right? And the snorkling si awesome here.

Another option would be to go south a mile or so to Dzul Ha and snorkle north all the way to the El Presidente. This would actually be better for medium to strong swimmers, but is the best of both worlds. My wife and I did this a few times.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,505 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Presidente

There is lots of room along the shoulder of the road for parking all along the area of the Presidente, and there must also be some for the marina there. If you want to snorkel the area north of the Presidente it looked like you could park along the road there also. (That area was not accessable when I explored the area on foor years ago) On boat trips past this area there were people parked just off the road which was only feet from the water. If you want to snorkel in Cozumel this is where you want to do it, just find a parking spot nearby and walk as necessary.