We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How hot is hot?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,060 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
How hot is hot?

I will be in Cozumel the last week in July and the first week in August. And yes, I know it will be hot, but will it be intolerable? I am assuming, it should be pleasant near the water. But will we have to dive in every few minutes?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,665 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How hot is hot?

From what I have been told it is hot, in the 90's by day but that is not the issue. It is very humid then, and the water is also quite warm, and therefore not as refreshing.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
600 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How hot is hot?

Yes, it is hot - around 90 degrees F and about 85% humidty- with the heat index it feels about 104 degrees F.

But, yes if you are near the water under the shade with a cool drink, you are fine. I would not worry about it and come down and have a good time.

Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How hot is hot?

Coz always has a breeze. Just make sure your room has A.C. or you won't be able to sleep. The mainland is much hotter due to the jungle growth. If you go to any of the ruins Tulum, Coba, Chitzen Itza you will need a lot of water and a very high tolerance for heat. Due to the jungle there is very limited air movement and it can be stifling. Tulum is on the coast, but it is still incredibly hot.

Level Contributor
420 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How hot is hot?

What's it like the last week of May? We're from S. Florida, so I don't really think it will be an issue for us. Heat and humidity is the only thing we know! Oh, that and hurricanes...

Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor