We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling at Iberostar

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
AUSTIN
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling at Iberostar

We have stayed at the PR the last couple of years but they are closed for remodeling, wondering how the shore snorkeling was at IB, anybody done both, we're sort of afraid of a letdown, but are happy just to be going anyway..

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling at Iberostar

We stayed at the IB April 3-9. I was a little disappointed in the snorkling. After reading that it was so good off shore. There are alot of fish under the dock, but it is so dark underthere it is hard to see the different colors. I went out a few times and saw some really neat fish though. A few days it was just to cloudy to see anything. I am sure you will have a great trip anyways. Have fun. Any other questions feel free to ask. Or email me.

kade@cablevision.qc.ca

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,436 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling at Iberostar

The snorkeling is best in the area from Corona beach up to the international pier, as well as the area from the pier to the edge of town by the lighthouse. Snorkeling where the bottom is sandy just can't match those areas with coral formations.

SYV
Llano, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling at Iberostar

Our family stayed at the Iberostar and we were disappointed in the snorkeling there. Right under the pier it's OK but nothing much after that. We even walked a long way and tried several spots but didn't see many fish. We took a snorkeling excursion to a couple of reefs that was very nice. Better book one if you are counting on seeing a wide variety of fish.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling at Iberostar

You can book a snorkling tour with fantasy tours, they are loacated at the beach club, down the road from the IB, we went and it was excellent. we did three reefs, columbia, heavan,and planacar. the guides are excellent, and the tequilla shots were even better.