We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clothing optional beaches

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
USA
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
clothing optional beaches

Are there any clothing optional beaches in Cozumel? I heard there was one by Mezcalito's Cafe. Where might that be located?

Louisiana
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: clothing optional beaches

Mezcallitos is a beach club on the "wild side" or east side of the island. Don't think the beach is actually clothing optional it's just that some of the people get drunk and have been known to disrobe. At the bar they have lots of picture albums with people in various stages of nudity. I was there in July and never saw anyone nude or even topless. They also have a sign on the beach that says "Nude Beach" but its mainly for taking photos.

Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: clothing optional beaches

if you would like to get a full body tan, you can get it almost anywhere. you wont however, find a hedonism type spot where people are playing volleyball naked. too bad :(

If i was going to go for the full body tan, i would pack a care package with food and drink, then drive to the east side. there are plenty of private/secluded places to park a rental jeep along the ocean side and kick back, doing whatever it is you like to do.

Have fun!!

Eve
Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: clothing optional beaches

There are no clothing optional beaches on Coz. There are however in Playa del Carmen which is just across by fairy.