We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with north end condo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Texas
Level Contributor
243 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with north end condo

I haven't stayed on the north end of the island for over 30 years. I have read on this forum that the snorkeling is good there. For the last 12-15 years we have been staying at Residencias Reef and the Presidente (on points). The points are going to run out soon for Presidente and we need a condo on the north end that has good snorkeling, easy ladder entry, and a good view. There are only two of us, so all we need is a one bedroom. We like to travel the end of March and the beginning of April (avoiding Semana Santa weeks). It would be great if the condo had a pool with some shade and some basic kitchen facilities for easy tacos and breakfast. Is it possible to find something of this nature for under a week's stay at or below $200 a night. I have been looking online and not had much luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

13 replies to this topic
Jackson, Missouri
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with north end condo

Look at Cantamar, Las Brisas, Las brisas is nicer but Cantamar has better snorkeling.

Texas
Level Contributor
243 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with north end condo

Will do and thanks!

Texas
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with north end condo

We liked Cantamar but if I had my choice today I'd pick Tito's Paradise. Newly remodeled. Next door to Cantamar.

https://www.vrbo.com/1227950

Jackson, Missouri
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with north end condo

mdp1915 that place looks nice have never notice it before

Texas
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help with north end condo

The owner delivers delicious food on Sunday's only...or you can pick up.

https://www.facebook.com/Tito.Cocinerito/

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
7,235 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help with north end condo

In the north end, others that might fit your budget include Miramar, Puesta del Sol and Palmas Reales.

Your time frame is high season, but if you are lucky, a couple of other places include Nah Ha and Marazul. Those condos are really big and 3 BR's but occasionally you can find a deal.

Peninsula is next door, but the snorkeling along the reef wall is not as good. This transitions to las Brisas which has a sand beach and the water can be a bit murky and there is not much to see unless you go out 100 yards or so beyond their pier.

If you want a geographic area were the snorkeling is good, anything between Cantamar and Marazul has great, shallow, reef wall snorkeling. Cab rides in this area range from $4-5 to el centro, so you really don't need a car.

Mentioned in this post
Miramar Beach
Miramar Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
lake erie ohio
Level Contributor
982 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help with north end condo

Mdp. Sadly Tito is packing up and moving to europe for a variety of reasons. Plans to visit Coz and use their condo tho. Loss for Coz for sure!

Texas
Level Contributor
243 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help with north end condo

Thank you all for this abundance of info. I had seen Tito's on VRBO but was unsure of the area. I assume there is a ladder for water entry. I love the looks of the Miramar condos, but what I have found is a bit pricey for us. Although if we don't need a car for a few days, that helps out. mdp1915 and Mark L, thank you for helping me get my bearings and the heads up on the best snorkeling area. I just turned 65 and while I am not totally out of shape I do need easy entry and a current that doesn't take too much to out of me. (A stage 4 cancer battle about 8 years ago left me a little worse for wear than I was expecting to be at this age, but I made it and that's a miracle.) I realize we're at the end of high season, but the heat is too much for me after that. Again, thank you all!

Mentioned in this post
Miramar Beach
Miramar Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
PA
Level Contributor
846 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help with north end condo

We just returned from Puesta del Sol, just north of the marina. We got a 3 BR 2 Bath condo with pool and security for a very reasonable price, but this is not high season. We did stay in a different one over Christmas and I thought that was very reasonable too. We rent through Enjoycozumel.com and they are really easy to work with and can give you other suggestions if you give them your price range. This condo has a very easy entry/exit from the water. The best I have found for snorkeling. There is a stair-like ladder for exit or entry and also three concrete steps that you can just jump in and go.

Texas
Level Contributor
243 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help with north end condo

Thank you very much for all the good info, coz snorkel fan. I'll look into it.

Reply to: Need help with north end condo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted