We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

would you get a tattoo in mexico?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
would you get a tattoo in mexico?

thought this would be a fun topic..how many are you are that daring ?

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: would you get a tattoo in mexico?

I want to get a Tatoo in Mexico, as much as you want to go to a Retirement Nudist Colony... ;o)

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: would you get a tattoo in mexico?

lol

Grand Haven,MI.
Level Contributor
599 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: would you get a tattoo in mexico?

i've heard "don't drink or even brush your teeth (false ones too?) with the water...and someone would consider a tattoo?

WOW!!!

Wally :0)

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: would you get a tattoo in mexico?

last year when i was in cozumel there were people lined up out front. i walked over to see what was going on and asked "whats up" they said were getting tattoos. i laughed and walked away.

US
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: would you get a tattoo in mexico?

Ick I wouldn 't trust the sanitary conditions. I would only get a henna tattoo.

Michigan
Level Contributor
943 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: would you get a tattoo in mexico?

My husband and I did just last year. And the shop was recommended by friends that live on the island. Offir, they guy who did it was really nice, he spoke English. His shop was clean and his tools were clean. We worked with him to custom create a design for us. He opened a brand new set of the tattoo needles. He has an Autoclave……He did great work and if I want another tattoo I will return to him

Cozumel is not some completely backwards country. Please….. I am sure there may be some dirty back room places with un-sterile conditions but there are places like that in the US also. Do your homework first. Ask questions then decide.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: would you get a tattoo in mexico?

You want scary.... Scary was getting a tattoo in Singapore 25 years ago. I survived though.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: would you get a tattoo in mexico?

Dking-

Did they use the stick-and-rock method? ;-) I agree with TB. Cozumel has wireless internet, satellite TV, and clean tattoo parlors, just like the good ole US of A. I bet you could find shady ones as well, but I know I could do that right here at home, too. So the short answer to WW's question is yes. If I wanted another one.

-Tom

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: would you get a tattoo in mexico?

i dont understand it because after you get one you would have to stay out of the water and sun for a few days and isnt that the whole point of going to cozumel the water and sun.

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: would you get a tattoo in mexico?

Uhhhh..........wickedwitch.............you are the one who started this thread, remember?............so I guess you just answered your own question?.............now about the sunburn, the bees in the bathing suits, and the thong thread............umm, do you have a little bit too much time on your hands?...............just curious............hhahah............Betsy