We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Shelbyville...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Day trip

We are coming to Playa del Carmen in October and plan a day trip to Cozumel. We would like to go to the East side of the island to check out the beaches and bars. What transportation do you suggest? Is it safe to drive yourself or would it be better to hire a driver/taxi for the day? If so what would it cost?

Mentioned in this post
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
6 replies to this topic
Texas
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip

Will you be consuming alcohol? How many people in your group? It is safe to drive yourself if you have a designated driver. We like to hire a driver cos nobody in our group wants to be a DD.

Shelbyville...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip

There is just 2 of us... wasn't sure if we would drink or just sightsee. Is it expensive to hire a driver for the afternoon?

Level Contributor
1,360 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip

I have hired a cab for 5 hours, $100 USD. He took us here and there, where ever we wanted to go. No hassles renting a car, gassing it, parking it, etc....

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip

I have a driver in Cozumel that I have been with many times... Look up Black Hat Tours Cozumel. Crescencio is the owner, and he will take you anywhere you want to go, and wait with you until you're ready to go somewhere else.

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Shelbyville...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip

Thanks sidsid69! I am looking them up now!!!

Shelbyville...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip

Thanks for the info uphillklimber!

Reply to: Day trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted