We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chichen Itza - any EARLY tour groups?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Chichen Itza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Virginia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Chichen Itza - any EARLY tour groups?

I want to visit Chichen Itza but here is my dilema. I don't want to rent a car and drive (seems like a hassle) but I want to get there EARLY when the parks opens. Does anyone know of any tour operators or other means of getting there early, even private tours?

Marsa Alam, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chichen Itza - any EARLY tour groups?

highly recommended

playa.info/tours-anna-james-chichen-itza-val…

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
94 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chichen Itza - any EARLY tour groups?

We just booked private transportation to Chichen Itza through Entertainment Plus (www.entertainment-plus.net). This company seems to get great reviews on these boards. So far they have been quick to respond to any questions I have emailed them. We also booked them for our airport transportation. We'll leave feedback on how it went when we return from our trip in a couple of weeks!

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chichen Itza - any EARLY tour groups?

Have sent you a PM! Cheers!

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
356 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chichen Itza - any EARLY tour groups?

A private tour by a reputable company - like Entertainment Plus - is definitely the way to go. Although they specify 7:00 a.m. as the earliest suggested departure time, I'll bet they would leave earlier on request. (From Cancun, 6:00 a.m. would be perfect.) You can also customize the itinerary a bit, such as a stop-off at the colonial town of Valladolid on the way back. Instead of the over-crowded swim-and-buffet-lunch at the Ik Kil cenote near Chichen Itza, you could swim at Cenote Zaci in the center of Valladolid, where there's a reasonably-priced restaurant that gets quite good reviews.

5. Re: Chichen Itza - any EARLY tour groups?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 22, 2010