We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Assaulted at Beach Palace - Cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
1 post
Save Topic
Assaulted at Beach Palace - Cancun

While watching the evening show, an obviously drunk woman assaulted me. There was no security around to help restrain her. The next day, the woman was thrown out of the hotel by the hospitality staff. On return home, I contacted Ms. Miriam Martinez (Palace Resorts Management person) in Florida and gave her all the details. I asked what she would do to improve security. She refused to answer. I would not want anyone else to be attacked by a drunk guest, so go elsewhere until security is improved. Apparently hotel management has more important areas that need attention, else they would have addressed this matter.

Va
Level Contributor
10,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Assaulted at Beach Palace - Cancun

Sorry to hear of you attack, but how is the hotel responsible of the actions of the customers? Should they prescreen all potential guests? It sounds like they did the right thing and had the person removed. Stupid people are everywhere and you can't police them all the time.

St. Louis, MO USA
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Assaulted at Beach Palace - Cancun

Sorry to say that some can not control their alcohol and ruin others vacations. I have seen a good handful myself. This may or may not come to a surprise to you but a lot of the hotel managers act like that when something happends, especially in Mexico. It is how things are down there. When something goes wrong they will tell you to take it up with your travel agent when you get home. I have to admit there isn't much security at Beach Palace, it's considered a "family place" and it doesn't have many problems there.

Los Angeles, CA
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Assaulted at Beach Palace - Cancun

Honda97-

Do you have a phone number for Ms. Martinez in Florida? I heard that the only way to get to her is via letter. Is this true?