We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Bay Get Away

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Brigantine, NJ
6 posts
Save Topic
Blue Bay Get Away

I'm considering booking a stay at the Blue Bay, because I hear it is a great resort if you are travelling solo and single. I've read some mixed reviews and I need to book it ASAP, because I want to leave next week. Can anyone tell me anything about it? Is it a good place for a single guy or is there somewhere better. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Blue Bay
Blue Bay
Mauritius
Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
329 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Bay Get Away

You'll have a GREAT time! Great place for singles and open minded people. They have lots of activities....food isn't that great, but who goes to Cancun for the food? Enjoy!

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
633 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Bay Get Away

hi,the blue bay getaway is a brilliant choice 4 singles,the entertainment is very good day and night,the staff put on a free bus every night to take you to a different club each night,the food is very good,take no notice what candylady 401 says.

email me if you want to know more.

Dayton, Oh
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Bay Get Away

I showed up at the Blue Bay Getaway last December and shuddered when I walked into the room. Mold and disrepair is how the bathroom was... I asked for another room but was denied.

We thought we could make due... but after trying in vain to find some food worth eating the first night... we decided to check out some other hotels.

That was a year ago and maybe some things have changed... but it was a first impression here that will stick with me.

Brigantine, NJ
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Bay Get Away

Thanks Candy Lady, I forgot to mention that I am a single male , but I'm 76. Just kdding, but I am 36, is there a good amount of people my age? By the way, I booked the trip already and I'm really looking forward to it. thanks for the reply

Brigantine, NJ
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Bay Get Away

Thanks everyone for responding. I've booked Blue Bay Getaway and I'm really looking forward to it. It's nearly impossible to impress me when it comes to food, so I would go in with very low expectations any way. I'm not really going there for the food and some of the dishes that people described sounded relatively eclectic and at least thought out. My biggest concern is that being 36, I'll be surrounded by people in their 20's and feel like an old man. Let me know if you guys think this is so, even though I can't back out now. Ohio-Guy I think you were there duing the rennovations. Plus I'm in the restaurant biz and sort of know how to smooze my way into upgrades and stuff. Thanks again everyone. You can look for my review next week some time if you are interested.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
329 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Bay Get Away

You won't feel out of place at all!!! and looking forward to your post on your return. Have a wonderful time!!!

Dallas,Texas
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Bay Get Away

You won't feel out of place, my friends and I are all 21-24 and we PREFER older men, besides 36 is hardly 'old' anyway. Look at Keanu Reeves, he is HOT and he is like 41 or 42, or Johnny Depp who is like 41, and brad Pitt-40!

You are young! Live it up!

St. Louis, MO USA
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Bay Get Away

The BBG is the kind of hotel you get what you pay. Certianly not the worse I have seen but not the Ritz either. I was there on a day pass and there where people enjoying themselves and having fun. I do not know what the rooms are like. But the food is so-so but not bad. Remember when you go that you should have open mind that way you will not get offended by any nudity or "sexy games" that they have. Most people who want to party it up and cut loose for a while go here. The crowd is mixed but mostly older I thought (35+). Just go and have fun! If you do not like what you see ask to be moved to another hotel.

Brigantine, NJ
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Bay Get Away

Dior Girl,

Thanks. Glad to hear that you think I'll have a good time as a solo guy there and that you like older guys <smile> I hear you, most of the women I date are much younger. I am just concerned I'm going to end up in some frat/sorority hell! I always have a good time anyway so it's not really a big deal. Thanks again. Too bad you guys won't be there!

Brigantine, NJ
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue Bay Get Away

LuvCereza,

Don't worry I'm about as open of a mind and free-spirited as it gets. Sexuality and nudity are fine with me. Thanks for the warning though