We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfer with a stop on the way to hotel?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New Jersey
Level Contributor
215 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfer with a stop on the way to hotel?

I'm either going to book USA Transfers or Canada Transfers as they are both $85.00 for 4 adults to go to Peurto Morelos from Cancun airport. They are closed for chat today but I wondered if anyone knew if either of them would do a stop at a convenience store for sunscreen? I don't mind paying an extra fee. To me it's got to be less that paying to check a bag both ways to bring my own or buying at the resort or buying the tubes from them.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,300 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfer with a stop on the way to hotel?

Check their websites. Or wait and check tomorrow.

A convenience store stop may be free but going to Walmart may cost X amount for a set period...say 30 minutes.

USA used to sell reef safe sunscreen.

Edited: 12:46 pm, December 27, 2015
Cancun
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfer with a stop on the way to hotel?

I belive you can bring with you small tubes as per :

https:/…liquids-rule

says 3.4 oz is permitted

The travel sized

http://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Ultra-Sheer-Sunscreen-Packaging/dp/B002JAYMEE/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1451238639&sr=8-7&keywords=sunscreen+travel+size

you can get 2 of 3 oz if 2 travel ... enough for week of vacation ...

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
25,561 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfer with a stop on the way to hotel?

Both USA and Canada Transfers will make a quick stop at a convenience store for no charge - typically it's to get drinks and snacks for the ride, so I don't know what sort of selection of sunscreen you'd find at that type of store.

Both transfer companies will make a stop at the likes of Walmart too but there is an additional cost for this and it must be pre-arranged (for their scheduling purposes).

(I've referenced USA and Canada Transfers specifically because those are the two companies mentioned by the OP but I'm pretty sure ALL transfer companies can accommodate both brief, convenience store stops and longer grocery-store type stops).

I know for sure that USA Transfers also sell reef-safe sunscreen that your driver will deliver to you when he picks you up. I've a hunch that Canada Transfers can do this too but don't know for sure.

Where exactly are you staying? If you're close enough to Puerto Morelos, you may be able to simply go shopping in PM for your sunscreen.

As noted by Dream Days, you can bring some liquids in your hand luggage. You're allowed as many individual 100ml (3.4 oz) containers as you can cram in a 1 quart plastic baggie (said baggie MUST be able to close securely) and it's one baggie per person. Depending upon what other lotions and potions you can't live without, this may permit you to bring sufficient sunscreen with you.

Edited: 1:28 pm, December 27, 2015
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,812 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfer with a stop on the way to hotel?

A nice propina as you ask him to do so will make it happen.

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfer with a stop on the way to hotel?

Well, people confuse meaning of "propina" if driver did exceptional service then he prized with propina, if car was used for extra time and extra driving, that would mean that the company must get payment for extra car use. Car is programmed for certain time of use, then car must return on time to next service, if client ask driver for stop & detours etc, means driver get company into troubles and next client awaiting angry in the airport, if you plan to use car extra time, is fair to let company know this, so extra time is allowed

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,812 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Transfer with a stop on the way to hotel?

I agree dream days. I did not catch the part about going to puereo mo. Im not familiar with the frwy to there. Prob gotta get off frwy, find a store therefor an additional 15 20 mins easily.

I was responding to like on Kukulican blvd where stores are everywhere and would be the time equivelent of hitting a stop light.

If there is not a store EASILY accessable and it does not take more than a minuite or 2? I agree, no way Jose. You will need to pay for the stop thru company.

Edited: 3:24 pm, December 27, 2015
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Transfer with a stop on the way to hotel?

I think I just responded to your other post. I assumed you meant a family, sorry. So none of the 4 adults are checking bags? I was thinking you could either put your lotion in one of their bags or have them all chip in to check one bag with everyone's sunscreen and other toiletries you may want to bring.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
984 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Transfer with a stop on the way to hotel?

We just booked Canada Transfers for next month. You can order sunscreen and drinks on their website. I don't know how the prices compare but they'll have it there for you when you arrive.

9. Re: Airport Transfer with a stop on the way to hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 28, 2016