We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is fishing safe despite the weather

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
45 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
is fishing safe despite the weather

it seems like it's going to rain during our entire stay

and some people have commented on rough water.

then better to stay away from deep sea fishing???

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is fishing safe despite the weather

If you are no comfortable Deep Sea Fishing you may want to look into Flats fishing it is done in the Lagoon and you don't have to worry about rough sea's.

Minooka, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,654 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is fishing safe despite the weather

Oh, come on..

You're from the city.... There's certainly some rough water on the lake at times.

But seriously ~ ~ I wouldn't go if it were too rough. Doesn't make for much of a pleasant day (especially if you don't catch anything).

"NO" it is not going to rain your entire stay (keep repeating).

Kansas
Level Contributor
319 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is fishing safe despite the weather

We did fish on very rough water in October, we caught lots of good fish but I probably wouldn't do it again. We only did 4 hours, but I was ready for dry land half way through. If you are unsure about how you will handle rough water I would skip deep sea fishing.

4. Re: is fishing safe despite the weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, August 19, 2009