We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ever used AMOMA.COM to book rooms?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
231 posts
366 reviews
Save Topic
Ever used AMOMA.COM to book rooms?

Found them through Kayak. They have a rate that is appealing for a Cancun AI. Just unsure as I've never used them before.

Thanks,

Kevin

1. Re: Ever used AMOMA.COM to book rooms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:39 pm, June 16, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ever used AMOMA.COM to book rooms?

I have herd of it . Here is a website with reviews https:/…www.amoma.com. Hope this helps. However any future modifications to your reservation you need to go through Amoma the Hotel will not be able to help you.

3. Re: Ever used AMOMA.COM to book rooms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, July 02, 2015
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,204 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ever used AMOMA.COM to book rooms?

Amoma is often posted about at the Bargain Travel forum - here's a thread which was added on last week:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12290-k8137201…

Based on the sheer number of original posts and criticism, there seems to be a reasonable amount of risk associated with them, particularly in aftercare. Based on this risk, I would not touch them myself, but if you choose to do so, make sure you fully read ALL Terms & Conditions and understand what you are buying and if you could have done better booking directly.

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

Illinois
Level Contributor
435 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ever used AMOMA.COM to book rooms?

I did make a reservation with them and after reading all of the bad reviews cancelled. I received my refund within a couple of days.

Ferndale, Michigan
Level Contributor
114 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ever used AMOMA.COM to book rooms?

I used Amoma.com for a trip to Coz in Feb 15. I originally booked Secrets, but the reservation came through as Sunscape. Called customer service and they refunded my money and gave me $50 off my next booking. I reserved the Occidental Grand at an unheard of price! Everything went smoothly! Their site is a tad cumbersome, but if you take your time you can find some great prices. Using them again in September.

Ferndale, Michigan
Level Contributor
114 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ever used AMOMA.COM to book rooms?

Forgot to add that I called the properties direct, the day after booking and was able to confirm my reservations.

Dallas, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ever used AMOMA.COM to book rooms?

I do not recommend them. I used them for our hotel in Cancun. They gave me a reservation number, billed my credit card and when I got to the hotel... no reservation. Luckily, the hotel had rooms available but it took 2.5 days of not knowing whether I was going to have to pay the hotel an additional $1400. I sent Amoma e-mails and I got a generic e-mail response that saying they would look into it and get back to me by e-mail or phone. They DID NOT respond to me at all. The hotel finally reached them and Amoma transferred the booking info and money. If you want a worry free vacation please don't use them. My vacation was ruined worrying if I'd been scammed.

Dallas, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ever used AMOMA.COM to book rooms?

In their FAQ's it says you don't know have to notify the hotel just print their voucher and present it to the hotel which I did. After 5 minutes and the receptionist looking and whispering, I knew something was wrong. I learned a big lesson!

Curitiba, Paraná
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ever used AMOMA.COM to book rooms?

I also found them through Kayak. I used AMOMA.com to book the Sacher Hotel in Salzburg in July 2015. The price was extremely competitive compared to other sites. I had never heard about Amoma.com and browsing the internet I found both bad and good reviews about it. I decided to run the risk and booked two rooms for a 2 night stay. Immediately after booking, I sent an email to the hotel desk asking them to confirm my reservation. I was very apprehensive as the hotel took 3 days to reply to my email confirming my reservation. I checked in and everything was perfect. My experience with Amoma.com was very good as I could stay at the Sacher hotel, with breakfast included, for an excellent price I wouldn't have find anywhere else. If I find a similar hotel offer in the future I will probably use this site again, but I will definitely contact the hotel to make sure that everything is ok with the reservation.