We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interjet from Cleveland to Cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Akron Ohio
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Interjet from Cleveland to Cancun

Has anyone booked a trip thru Vacationexpress from Cleveland? Question I have is about the carrier Interjet. Any problems with changing flight times at the last minute or any other issues.

Thanks

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
48,409 posts
157 reviews
1. Re: Interjet from Cleveland to Cancun

Since this is not a route normally operated by the Mexican carrier Interjet, I assume it is a charter. From my airline days, I have found the charter flights normally operated as scheduled. You are forutunate to have Interjet. Excellent new jet fleet and excellent cabin service.

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Interjet from Cleveland to Cancun

We fly from Cleveland and always use frontier. I'd never use an airline that I hadn't heard of, but then again I'm afraid of flying!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
48,409 posts
157 reviews
3. Re: Interjet from Cleveland to Cancun

I would much prefer Interjet vs Frontier. Many people in Mexico have heard of them and they are adding more and more US dities. Now serving 5 US cities with more coming soon. They offer all leather seats with 34 inches of legroom compared to 30 on Frontier and many others. Also free snack and beverage service including alcohol.

While Interjet has an excellent reputation, I love to fly!

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Interjet from Cleveland to Cancun

Wow I like free snacks and beverages!! Pay no attention to my previous post then:)

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
48,409 posts
157 reviews
5. Re: Interjet from Cleveland to Cancun

Ha ha. But many are the same and just don´t know them. And since Frontier is going the way of an ultra budget carrier where nothing is free, the difference widens.

Akron Ohio
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
6. Re: Interjet from Cleveland to Cancun

thanks for the info.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
24 posts
32 reviews
7. Re: Interjet from Cleveland to Cancun

we are flying tomorrow from Newark with Vacation Express via Interjet charter flight. Really hope for the good trip.

Sorry to disappoint, but our flight got changed at the last minute to a very inconvenient departure times, both ways. Vacation Express gave us $ 50.00 credit for future trips, but this sudden change makes me a bit nervious about whole charter exprerience

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,646 posts
14 reviews
8. Re: Interjet from Cleveland to Cancun

Oh man. This stinks. I really hope this doesn't happen to us. I picked this flight because of the great departure times. ugh.

Ohio
Level Contributor
587 posts
18 reviews
9. Re: Interjet from Cleveland to Cancun

"but our flight got changed at the last minute to a very inconvenient departure times, both ways."

Please expand. What were the original times versus the changes and what was the reason for the change, if they gave one.

Edited: 1:01 pm, February 21, 2015
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
48,409 posts
157 reviews
10. Re: Interjet from Cleveland to Cancun

From my days working for a scheduled airline, I don´t find changes in charter times too unusual. We handled charters for various airlines and frequently changed. One reason is, the airline doing the charter is usually just doing it to fill some gaps in the usage of their aircraft and doing so at a reduced price. If they have a sudden need for the aircraft for their scheduled services, that takes priority. I am sure Vacation Express has nothing to do with the change but were only advised of such by the airline.