We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choosing resort at the Moon Palace - please help!!!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Choosing resort at the Moon Palace - please help!!!!

Please help I am going insane trying to book this holiday. I think I have settled on the Moon Palace but now confused on the different areas. Which have the nicer rooms, Sunrise or Grand? We have no kids so being near those areas does not bother us. I'm swayed towards the Grand but not sure, would be nice to have some sort of view from the balcony arrggghhh, please help!!!!

texas
Level Contributor
341 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choosing resort at the Moon Palace - please help!!!!

Have you noticed the beach and conditions/color of the water? We had Moon Palace on our short list, but decided on Beach Palace, mainly for the beach and clean, clear water that Cancun has to offer.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choosing resort at the Moon Palace - please help!!!!

This has been my huge dilemma. We are not really beach people and I have been torn with the Beach Palace. The BP is also another £400 for is flying over from the UK so a big price difference from the Moon Palace which is why I want to be sure. The beach does look amazing at BP and the rooftop bar. I'm so confused, it's a special trip for us having not seen my husband for 8 months so I want to make the right choice!

Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Choosing resort at the Moon Palace - please help!!!!

I have stayed in Moon Grand. The rooms are large and have some of the concierge amenities -like a pillow menu. Pools around the Grand are nice too. The only problem with the Grand is that there is one main restaurant for the evening meals. You have to take a shuttle bus or walk to get to the other parts of the hotel.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Choosing resort at the Moon Palace - please help!!!!

Thanks for this. Is the Grand a long walk from the main pool area and other restaurants, if so how far? I don't want to be miles away but equally I don't want to be in a really quiet section of the resort if everything else is on the other side. Has the Nizuc sections been completed and would you recommend here?

Thanks

Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Choosing resort at the Moon Palace - please help!!!!

Each section of Moon Palace has its own pool area. The main pool at Moon Grand is in front of the Caribenneo restaurant and it is a heated pool. There are a couple other pools at Grand that are south of the Grand and they have daily activities & there is a bar & outdoor grill. There is another small pool at Los Tacos restaurant (which is open during the day) It is more at night, where there is the sushi bar (above) and the Caribenneo restaurant and also room service. My family liked the sushi bar at Momo Oriental restaurant in Sunrise the best, so we took the shuttle almost every night to go over there. The lady who runs the sushi bar is Josephina - she makes the best sushi ever. That is why we plan on staying at Sunrise next time.

Nizuc main lobby, pool & restaurants are all finished. There are just a few more rooms being renovated, but they are almost done. It is only lately that I heard a rumour of an Irish pub going in at Nizuc

Burtonsville...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Choosing resort at the Moon Palace - please help!!!!

Would you know the name/number of the buildings near the heated pool ....as warm water is a "must" for my girlfriend. I think you mentioned it was the "main" pool ?

Also ....are you sure the pool is heated ....other posts state that Moon Palace has no heated pools.

Any help would be a big help.

Thanks......headed to Moon Palace for the first time in late October and looking for advice.

Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Choosing resort at the Moon Palace - please help!!!!

The buildings in the Grand section closest to the heated pool are buildings #85 & #86. There is one building in Nizuc that is also close and that is Venado (deer) Venado also has ocean views, but the rooms are smaller than the Grand rooms.

Unless you are a member or going as a member referral, you cannot request buildings, you can only request the hotel section you would like to stay in: Sunrise, Nizuc, Grand or Golf. Booking with a travel agent, I don't even know if you can choose between Nizuc or Sunrise -I think they are grouped together.

Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Choosing resort at the Moon Palace - please help!!!!

There is a heated pool in front of the Caribeneo restaurant in the Grand section. There was a heated pool in Nizuc, however there were renovations done to Nizuc pool area last year and they added a small slide. Not sure if it is still heated.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Choosing resort at the Moon Palace - please help!!!!

Can I ask which building you check in if you don't know which one you will be in?

10. Re: Choosing resort at the Moon Palace - please help!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:52 am, March 29, 2014