We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best day tour with young teens????

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
ontario
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best day tour with young teens????

Are trying to decide which tour to plan while in Cancun. We leave in less than two weeks!!! Mom would like to go to Playa, and Isa M. Dad and boys have other ideas that involve ACTION. Any ideas would be appreciated. (have already been to Xel-Ha, XCaret and Tulum).

D&J
READING
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best day tour with young teens????

I'm trying to find out information about Jeep Adventure Tours. I contacted them by e-mail, but am not sure if this is for us. I was told there is some information about this on the forum from yesterday, but as I am at work, I don't have lots of time to look into all the messages. We are a party of 8 traveling with 2 boys 10 & 12. This may be something you too would like to check out. If you get any information, I will be checking back. Good luck.

ontario
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best day tour with young teens????

D&J,

We have received info from CancunJoe who runs the Jeep Tours. It does sound like alot of fun. It is definitely on the list. What did you want to know about it? Maybe I can help. When are you going and where are you staying?

D&J
READING
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best day tour with young teens????

He mentioned going to Crococun Zoo. I'm not sure about this, we are not big Zoo people. The snorkeling sounds like fun. I can't find out much information about this Zoo. We will be leaving Sunday 2/27 so I want to book before we go, possibly for a tour on 3/1 or 3/2.

Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best day tour with young teens????

Hi D&J

I took the Jeep Tour on my last trip and will be posting my experience while I was on tour. I have two boys ages 8 and 14 and was sceptical of the Zoo as well. We did not spend that much time there, I think it was about an hour and it was well worth the trip. for my boys it was probably the most memorable part of the entire trip. we walk through the park with a guide from the Zoo who tells you all about the different animals and you get to handle and take pictures with the animals. We also walked through a crocodile pit and took pictures with really big crocodiles all around us. it was an amazing experience! The guides where very informative and we had a great time on the whole tour, especially the Zoo.

ontario
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best day tour with young teens????

What about the jungle tour???

D&J
READING
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best day tour with young teens????

Thanks for the info. I think I will book my tour today. How was the snorkeling? Did they have the equipment there to do the snorkeling? Did you think the full day was too long?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,599 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best day tour with young teens????

We're doing the Ek-Balam eco-adventure tour through Brant (the 2 for 1 guy),

www.entertainment-plus.net/tour_EkBalam.cfm

It goes to a new set of ruins, then rappelling into a couple of cenotes, mountain biking, then taking a zip line to another cenote. I'll be bringing a snorkel and mask to do some snorkelling in the cenotes.

Some friends of ours that have been before suggested http://www.alltournative.com/, they did 2 of thetours and loved them both. The one we're doing is a little cheaper.

We've booked it for Monday March 14, if you wanted to go along with some Canadians (formerly from Ontario).

ontario
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best day tour with young teens????

amberm1, you must be very fit!!!! That sounds like alot of work! I think the reason we are having so much trouble deciding is because we usually end up just melting into our lounge chairs we get so relaxed but this year we gotta do something!!

D&J
READING
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best day tour with young teens????

Manyboys,

I'm with you! We don't want to be slugs the whole week, but if I had to mountain bike, they better have some oxygen on hand.

I sounds very adventurous, but maybe just a little too adventurous for the 50 some set we are traveling with.

Granite Bay, CA
Level Contributor
582 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best day tour with young teens????

My kids really enjoyed the Jungle Tour, where you drive little mini speedboats a good distance along the waterways behind the hotel zone and then out into the ocean in front of the Moon Palace. From that point, you get out and snorkle in the ocean. My kids enjoyed driving the boats the most. You can put up to three people in the boats.