We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Soriana Supermarket?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dartmouth, Nova...
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
New Soriana Supermarket?

Hi there,

We are readying ourselves for our annual Mexican trip, going to Westin Langunamar again - 3rd time -3rd year in a row as the points thing has given us free nights:)

Anyhow, I have been looking to see whether the new Supermarket in the Hotel Zone that was rumoured last year had come to pass.

Is there a new Soriana Supermarket?

I went onto one thread that said it was in the Plaza Kukulkan opening in January...went to the Plaza Kukulkan website and nothing is there. The plaza is so upscale, I was surprised that it would be there.

Anyhow, anyone know if there is one and where it would be?

Our hotel is at 13.5 km.

We will be there for 9 nights this time around...so will definitely need a few more things for the room....will NOT be making full meals though....that was the "deal" I made with hubby for this trip :)

thanks very much.

76 replies to this topic
Dartmouth, Nova...
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Soriana Supermarket?

bump....anyone know?

Va
Level Contributor
10,597 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Soriana Supermarket?

It was under construction when we were there in November. It isn't in Plaza Kukulikan, but where the parking lot was.

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Soriana Supermarket?

on Dec 15th I asked security staff in Plaza Kukulkan about the Soriana, they told me it was almost ready, will open in January .... and is on second floor in Plaza Kukulkan

Va
Level Contributor
10,597 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Soriana Supermarket?

It is in Kukulikan? I thought that was what they are building? or is it going to be in what they are building?

Dartmouth, Nova...
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Soriana Supermarket?

Thanks both of you....It will definitely come in handy for us...and I'm sure for many - depending on pricing. So, would you go through the main doors of Kulkukan DreamDays...wondering then if the pricing will be higher end as is the shopping plazza?

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Soriana Supermarket?

Plaza Kukulkan lost its business when La Isla and Forum were build

for years second floor is empty,

I was thinking that the prices must to be standard to the chain, not higher ....?

But we'll know very soon!

Dartmouth, Nova...
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Soriana Supermarket?

Thanks Dream Days, I will look for updates here. We are'nt there until March 08-17th

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New Soriana Supermarket?

A Chedraui is going in the parking lot area between Plaza Caracol and the Convention Center area.

Edited: 5:00 pm, January 09, 2014
Va
Level Contributor
10,597 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Soriana Supermarket?

Ah, thanks Mole. I thought I was losing my mind. I didn't even go into plaza kukulkan this time because last time it was so dead. I am sure the addition of a supermarket will pick things up. It amazes me all the empty real estate around the area.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: New Soriana Supermarket?

<It amazes me all the empty real estate around the area.>

IMO, the AI's have done Cancun in... Not enough people out and about supporting the restaurants and small shops.

No more little joints along the beach to stop and get a beer or an ice cream because the resorts and condos have eaten up the beach frontage.

It's hard enough to access the beach and forget about a place to park with the exception of Delfines. Hope that remains open and beautiful.

Reply to: New Soriana Supermarket?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted