We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun trip difficult decision

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun trip difficult decision

We were planning our cancun vacation initially for Feb or March but then I have this 5 day vacation weekend before Christmas which we were thinking of using for cancun but as usual the rates are sky high. So any of u guys think we can get a good deal now for around christmas or its better to look for a deal in Feb. i just hate wasting 5 days of vacation at home watching stupid movies.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,990 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun trip difficult decision

Christmas (and Easter) are the peak of high season. By all means shop around - you may get lucky and find a deal - but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you!

Edited to add - if you're willing to fly on Christmas Day, you *may* be able to find a less expensive flight.

Edited: 11:36 am, November 25, 2013
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun trip difficult decision

We were planning to travel on 21 dec- 25 dec. even though flight prices will be managegable but the hotel prices are high. Any good deal anybody knows about.

U.S.
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun trip difficult decision

I have heard there might be good deals on black Friday so be sure and check out travel websites that day!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,614 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun trip difficult decision

"So any of u guys think we can get a good deal now for around christmas or its better to look for a deal in Feb."

You will have more luck in Feb. Sometimes, for laughs I do mock searches for the week of Christmas. That's when it gets close, like rt now. The prices are so high you will get a nose bleed. 3 -4 times or more what we normally pay. Im tellin ya, cheap entertainment!.

Edited: 3:03 pm, November 25, 2013
5. Re: Cancun trip difficult decision

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 27, 2014