We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best all inclusize resort with swim up room or room w/spa?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, Virginia
Level Contributor
492 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
Best all inclusize resort with swim up room or room w/spa?

Hi guys, my husband and I are strongly considering doing a all inclusive resort trip this year and need some help. First is best time to go? Times what would work for us are late Feb, or March? 2nd places to stay - would really like a fab room but wallet friendly as well. We had looked at something like the Excellence in Playa Mujeres the rooms with the rooftop terraces look nice! We were looking at the Cancun areas because we thought it might offer things to do just outside of the resort? Our interests would be beach, swimming, snorkeling, some sightseeing.

Also would we be best to rent a car on our trip as well?

Thanks!

Bristol, Virginia
Level Contributor
492 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best all inclusize resort with swim up room or room w/spa?

bump.....?

2. Re: Best all inclusize resort with swim up room or room w/spa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:03 am, December 03, 2013
America, The...
Level Contributor
7,492 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best all inclusize resort with swim up room or room w/spa?

Aimcat,

Cancun will give you a more central location for going out and a beautiful beach (see recent reviews of EPM for descriptions of their intermittent major seagrass issue). The water in Cancun can be rough...at times more for wading than swimming. If you want a beautiful beach that you can swim in and has good proximity to excursion sites, you might want to consider Riviera Maya. You'd miss what the hotel zone has to offer in terms of going out, but you could stay close to or visit Playa del Carmen.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best all inclusize resort with swim up room or room w/spa?

We stayed in an Excellence Club Roof Top Terrace suite at EPM and did not think the cost was worth it for the room or the resort. We are beach people and the beach and sea there were a real disappointment as was the food and service.

El Dorado Royale has very nice Oceanfront Swim Up Suites and is a nice resort with good food. Beach there not the best though.

Paradisus La Perla is a very nice resort and has the room types you are looking for. I would book Royal Service there for the added amenities. It is a 5 minute taxi ride to the heart of Playa del Carmen.

We enjoy being in the hotel zone in Cancun. Our favorites there are LeBlanc Spa Resort and Live Aqua but neither have the swim up rooms you are looking for.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best all inclusize resort with swim up room or room w/spa?

aimcat, we also had a disappointing experience with the condition of the beach & ocean at EPM. We paid dearly for an excellence club rooftop terrace room and would not book that level again. The pool is too cold to use in the winter months. You can ask the concierge to send someone to turn on some kind of heater, but they only do it once a day for 2 hours and you have to schedule it... not very spontaneous.

To give you an idea of what the beach & ocean looked like during the majority of our stay, see this short video (not mine but looked exactly the same): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST7VP9xuqb4

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,492 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best all inclusize resort with swim up room or room w/spa?

The swim-out rooms at El Dorado Casitas Royale always look amazing to me, but the beach there holds me back. Secrets Maroma has an amazing beach and has swim outs, but you'd need to cab to playa del Carmen.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,624 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best all inclusize resort with swim up room or room w/spa?

Also keep in mind that the pools may be a little chilly late Feb or early March. My wife usually can't get in them until April.

I'd skip the car rental unless you really want to explore.

A budget friendly option swim up would be the Valentin Imperial Maya.

8. Re: Best all inclusize resort with swim up room or room w/spa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 28, 2014