We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Hampton, Virginia
Level Contributor
85 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in cancun

I see a ton of posts about what to do from Cancun, also a lot of what is listed under Cancun what to do has very little to do with Cancun but out side it mostly.

We are coming in April and are not staying in Cancun we are staying playa What my husband would like to do is have a 1 day/night trip to Cancun. I did find a few things in Cancun that may be of interest to us but I am not sure it would take up a whole day/night. I am looking for maybe some suggestions for other things I may have missed.

This is what I have so far

Interactive Aquarium

Mercado 23

Museo de Arte Popular Mexicano

Museo del INAH

Museo Sensorial del Tequila Tasting

Plaza Isla

Thank you for your help

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What to do in cancun

I'm sorry, I didn't see ruins on your list :) But if you are going to Chichen Itza, Coba, etc the El Rey won't be that impressive.

Hampton, Virginia
Level Contributor
85 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What to do in cancun

Yes we are taking them all in while in playa, I only listed what I found in Cancun to do. Sorry I should have been clearer, Thank you again

Indianapolis...
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: What to do in cancun

This website might help

c52c9cwq3-6m9rfbu19btfupb4.hop.clickbank.net/

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: What to do in cancun

KookinKraze- A few things to do that might be of interest that could take a few hours or more.

Wet N Wild Water slide park- They also have Swim with Dolphins too.

AquaWorld- This is for water excursions- Usual stuff, like snorkle/dive, but also have some other things like Lagoon booze cruise, Speedboats, AquaTwister- It's like a roller coaster on a highspeed boat.

Cancun area is more for beaches/pools in daytime, and those nightclubs at night, than actual sightseeing within.

One more idea could be USA Transfers has a Cancun city tour you can buy from there website. But only if your staying overnight in Cancun itself, otherwise this won't work.

entertainment-plus.net/affiliates/…

If none of the above has interest I would do

1. Mercado 23/28

2. La Isla Mall

3. El Rey ruins

4. Museo Maya

5. El Negro indoor fleamarket- Across the street from the Forum Mall which you can do too.

Something like the above. On El Rey it only takes 25-30 minutes to go thru it, and costs about $4.00 per person.

15. Re: What to do in cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 30, 2014