We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Caribe

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kilmarnock
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Caribe

Morning,

Myself and my fiancee will be heading to the Gran Caribe next month for our honeymoon. Could someone please give me the pros and cons of upgrading? Is it really worth the extra money? And also how much would the likely cost be to do this? I know there is also the option of upgrading to the Royal but I went for the Gran Caribe as it seems to have a bit more nightlife. Was I correct in doing this or is the Royal worth upgrading too?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
517 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Gran Caribe

Did he mention what room category that would be upgrading to? What do you have booked now? When are you going? VIP means you will get access to the VIP lounge area and access to the Royal - depending on new room category being offered.

Kilmarnock
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Gran Caribe

Hi there. The upgrade was for a room at the royal and not the caribe. We have got an ocean suite in the caribe. I think we have more or less came to an agreement on 30usd per person per night. We are going 23rd August!

Edited: 1:17 pm, July 22, 2013
Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,917 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Gran Caribe

If you are upgrading to the lowest category at the Royal, you will be on floors 2 and 3..Most have double beds and lobby noise can be a concern..You may want to read up on the Royal and see what is offered as far as rooms..Here is the map, not showing the newest rooms in what used to be the GCR..

islandbreezebargains.com/…20Map.pdf

Also from the Real site...

www.realresorts.com/The-Royal-Cancun/Suites/

Kilmarnock
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Gran Caribe

Thanks. I am not overly bothered about the noise just more whether it is a good deal or not.

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,917 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Gran Caribe

From the real site,concerning the Gran Caribe Real...

VIP is for the Gran Junior Suite Ocean View (GJO) and above...

www.realresorts.com/Gran-Caribe-Real/Suites/

Here is the GCR resort map, it is not totally correct as it is not updated after the RC has taken some of the rooms..

mexicobeachexperts.com/maps/gran-caribe-real…

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
517 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Gran Caribe

When are you going? check prices on real resorts site of the room you have now and the lowest category at the royal...what is the difference in price? Is what they quoted you lower than that? How does the availability look at the Royal? The deal is always better in person but it has to be available.

Kilmarnock
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Gran Caribe

After many emails we have agreed a price with The Royal of roughly £550 to upgrade. They have upgraded us to a ocean view suite. Good deal or not?

south yorks
Level Contributor
141 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Gran Caribe

We will be at the royal from the 22nd August for 2 weeks, after reading all these reviews we are so giddy, going on the number of positive reviews in my opinion it should be the no 1 hotel!!

Also adults only has got to be worth upgrading for alone!!!

19. Re: Gran Caribe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, July 28, 2014