We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Level - Ritz Carlton Cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Topic
Club Level - Ritz Carlton Cancun

We will be traveling and staying at the Ritz Carlton Cancun. Does anyone know about the Club Level? How is the food and is it worth the cost. I am thinking it is worth it for the cost of alcohol alone.

I was also thinking of doing a chef's dinner. Has anyone ever tried this?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,533 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Level - Ritz Carlton Cancun

There is a very convenient and easy search function here. Just above your post is a search field - to the right of the magnifying glass type Ritz Club Level and click search. I got a couple pages of posts on it, including comments about food quality, etc. You can also search for Chef's Table this way, but I only saw 1-2 posts on it (there is another recent post on this, too - trying to compare Le Blanc and Ritz). Anyways, it's a start.

DETROIT
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Level - Ritz Carlton Cancun

I can tell you from 20 years experience that the Club Level at the Ritz is so worth it. The food is fantastic, the lounge is beautiful and the service outstanding. Their are lots of perks too...Including free wifi. And the drinks at the hotel can really set you back. My sister and I were there last June and she ordered a berry mojito at the pool and it was $24.00. We about choked. But all your drinks are free on the Club Level. And if you want to take a beer or drink to the pool they will hook you up.

I love the Ritz and will be going in July if everything works out. And I can't wait!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,133 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Level - Ritz Carlton Cancun

i was hoping we would hear from the expert, Theresa. Now you have the best information on the Ritz!

Orange County...
Level Contributor
7,836 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Level - Ritz Carlton Cancun

Ditto Theresa! Its wonderful if you like high quality, great service. A bargain in the summer, imo.

dallas
Level Contributor
299 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Level - Ritz Carlton Cancun

Theresa, you're right, drinks are free at the Club Level, but don't think you can get a Berry Mojito or any such drink up there. We were told just plain mix drinks, no to mojitos, no to strawberry daiquiris, no to exotics. Yes to margaritas, martinis, beer, wine, and that's wonderful. Just warning away from false expectations.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
7,836 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Level - Ritz Carlton Cancun

That's true, Geno, but cocktails of any kind available from 5-7 or 8.

And their margaritas are good :)...

DETROIT
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Level - Ritz Carlton Cancun

Yeah! My sister saw the drink and asked the lady what she was drinking at the pool. We thought what the heck...She wanted one so she ordered it. Like I said when we got the bill, Holy Cow...Live and learn. Were a couple of beer girls anyways (Mechilida)...The also have a Martini menu on the Club along with 15 or Tequilas...And mixed drinks are available. From what I hear the Ritz Carlton Margarita's are fantastic!

Orange County...
Level Contributor
7,836 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Level - Ritz Carlton Cancun

They are fantastic, Theresa. And strong...I learned my lesson the 1st night I was there, lol!

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Club Level - Ritz Carlton Cancun

Great, thank you so much Theresa. You sound like the perfect person to answer my question! How is the food? I have read they start of with a pretty good breakfast and serve food throughout the day.

DETROIT
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Club Level - Ritz Carlton Cancun

Indeed! The breakfast they serve is wonderful. Fresh juices and so many choices. They serve 5 meals through out the day. Drinks are served all day. There are quite a few pic's here on TA of the food and Club lounge. Please if you need anymore info please ask away. Trust me you won't be sorry booking the Club Level at the Ritz..