We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

omni hotel & villa anyone sexy

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
usa
5 posts
Save Topic
omni hotel & villa anyone sexy

we are going the end of aug. beginning of sept. Can anyone tell me what to expect?

Illinois
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: omni hotel & villa anyone sexy

Not to alarm you, but that's right in the middle of hurricane season. While it's unlikely that a hurricane would strike there, it often tends to be a little wetter than most times of the year. When it's not cloudy and the sun is out (and it's out quite a bit) it gets HOT HOT HOT!!!

As for the Omni -- you'll have a blast -- tons to do, great food and service, the hotel is in tip top shape, and there'll be plenty of people there around that time. Pool is great, so is the beach! Enjoy yourself!

Maryland
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: omni hotel & villa anyone sexy

weatherdood....I'm also going in the August time frame. When you say it's wetter than usually do you mean that when it rains it rains all day, or do you just get a cloud burst and then things clear up (like Florida)?

Illinois
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: omni hotel & villa anyone sexy

It's exactly like Florida -- 99 percent of the time, the sun is out and it's gorgeous and hot...there will be a few times when it clouds over in the afternoon and rains for an hour or two...but that's it...the only time it'll rain all day and all night is if there's a hurricane..

Carson,CA
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: omni hotel & villa anyone sexy

going with my husband and 9yr. daughter and was wondering if the hotel is more of a family place or a bunch of spring breakers runnig around drunk, from what I've read is all good. leaving in 5 days and can't wait.

Illinois
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: omni hotel & villa anyone sexy

DEFINITELY more of a family place. You might find a few spring breakers at that time of the year, but not too many...Most of the spring breakers will be next door at the Oasis.