We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best way to book a trip to an ai hotel?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Greenville, OH
Level Contributor
8 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best way to book a trip to an ai hotel?

I'm planning a trip to Cancun next year and I am wondering what is the best/cheapest way to book it? Has anyone had any experience with using sites like Travelocity, cheapcaribbean.com, or apple vacations or is it better or cheaper to go through the hotel website or even a travel agency? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best way to book a trip to an ai hotel?

Always have found Expedia to have the best prices, just book as hotel and airfare.

Black Hills of...
Level Contributor
756 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best way to book a trip to an ai hotel?

I don't know if it is geographically or originating airport related, but I find that from our local, Travelocity or Orbitz usually have the best prices. Oh, and Orbitz has the best customer service IMHO.

Edited: 2:15 pm, May 15, 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,460 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best way to book a trip to an ai hotel?

We always book vacation on online travel agencies....most recently it's been Expedia usually who has the best prices and hotel variety from where we live, but we have also booked on Orbitz, Red Tag, Tripcentral.ca and Escapes. (Latter three are Canadian sites.)

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,558 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best way to book a trip to an ai hotel?

Ok- here goes nothin:

kayak.com

bookingbuddy.com

redtag.ca

itravel200.com

expedia, Travelocity, orbitz, hotwire, priceline

quickrooms.com

sunwing.ca

tripcentral.ca

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,107 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best way to book a trip to an ai hotel?

Asmit, I bow down before you!!!!

Thanks for the info that I had asked you about.

Did you book that, for this fall.

I can't help but wonder if you got a reservation for a regular room, or the better one!

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,031 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best way to book a trip to an ai hotel?

Expedia for us, reliable, consistent, never a problem in 18 years of using them many times.

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best way to book a trip to an ai hotel?

try http://www.funjet.com/

i will be very suprised if Expedia offers any where close to the price Funjet offers

Texas
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the best way to book a trip to an ai hotel?

We've booked several different ways over the years - in search of the best deal. First trip to CUN/Riviera Maya we booked air and hotel package with Apple through a Travel Agent and bought travel insurance and paid up-front. The next year, our best deal was booked online through CheapCaribbean.com, also had to purchase travel insurance and pay up front. Our next trip, we used bookit.com for the cheapest - very similar to cheapcaribbean.com. Our trip last year we booked Air Only through Orbitz - liked getting "free Cancellation" up to a few days before trip (just in case we needed to make any changes), but also had to pay up front. This year we are staying at Barcelo Palace and booked Air only directly through the hotel - "free cancellation" up to mid day on day of arrival, plus no payment due until check-in.....Love these options!

San Bruno...
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the best way to book a trip to an ai hotel?

Check orbitz, Travelocity and Expedia , they sometimes have different prices depending on where u want to stay, I always use orbitz, but this time Travelocity had a better price for my trip, same flight and hotel ( fiesta americana condesa ) I save around $200 pp.

I just check with funjet to see how much that trip will cost me ( same dates And hotel in August) and their quote came to $7.000 pp.

Florida
Level Contributor
150 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the best way to book a trip to an ai hotel?

I generally use Expedia, but for the trip I just booked I found the best deal and flight options on Bookit.com. I think it pays to look around. You can't really say site X always has the best prices.