We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Golden Parnassus a Young Crowd

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ohio
Level Contributor
134 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Is Golden Parnassus a Young Crowd

Hey All,

Considering GP as an option in April but wonder if it's a young, spring break crowd? Have been to SERC and loved it but wouldn't mind a little bit more action. Therefore, we're considering CAPRI but hear that may be a little too laid back too. Don't want to relive my college days though as we're in our mid to late 30's. Any thoughts..

Thx

p.s Considering Capri since close proximity to dowtown Playa. Again, just wouldn't mind more pool action, but nothing like 'girls gone wild' or anything. With that being said, How does GP rate up?

Thx

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Golden Parnassus a Young Crowd

We have been to GP for 5 trips since August, 2004. Actually, since we first went there, it seems like the crowds have become younger, but nothing like spring break types, more like 20 and 30 somethings, and then all ages in between. We are in our mid-50's and love this place. Any specific questions, ask away and someone will surely answer as this is a very popular hotel. Also, I would be happy to send you some pictures if you would like to see some of the action. Just post your email.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,663 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Golden Parnassus a Young Crowd

Definately more "action" than Capri. GCPS is more of an adult party hotel. The pool is small and basic, tho - no swim up bar or anything like that. But they did games around the pool, I specifically remember volleyball and bingo. There is a small bar, the tiki bar, that seems to be the hangout for everyone to sit and drink and have fun. I'd say the crowd was younger than I expected, 20's and 30's with some older mixed in for fun!

This hotel is also very casual. You don't have to dress up for dinner, so you will see men in sleeveless t-'s and baseball caps at dinner time. A bit weird for us, as we are used to casual, just not that casual. Very laid back, casual resort, 100% different type resort than Capri.

Miami
Level Contributor
406 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Golden Parnassus a Young Crowd

My wife and I were at Golden Parnassus last summer and, while the atmosphere was very lively and entertaining, there was no Spring Break disturbance whatsoever. Everyone was cool and behaved well while having a great time.

There were several topless bathers, including my wife, since this is an adults-only resort and it is allowed at the pool and hot tub near the beach.

I think GP will be perfect for you.

4. Re: Is Golden Parnassus a Young Crowd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 15, 2009