We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Places to Stay/Things to do in Cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Mpls, MN
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best Places to Stay/Things to do in Cancun

We are going to Cancun in Nov I have gone once before and stayed at the Oasis hotel. I would like to stay at a hotel that had fabulous food and atmosphere. Oasis food was uh not fabulous. Preferably a hotel that is somewhat on the adult side vs. the family side this is one of our first trips w/o kids. We are somewhat price conscious but will pay more to get what we want. We are in our late 20's so we still like to party but not with all college kids. Been there done that. I would also would like to know of the best excursions and the can't miss activities while in Cancun. Help!

Orlando, FL
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Places to Stay/Things to do in Cancun

HI! Me and my GF (also late 20's) are going to Cancun Nov 4-8. We've never been there before. Do you have any tips for us?

Joel

2. Re: Best Places to Stay/Things to do in Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:32 pm, October 14, 2004
salt lake city
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Places to Stay/Things to do in Cancun

There are so many things to do in Cancun...

I've done my own research and have booked an online package. We have tickets (with transportation) to theMayan ruin city of Chitzen Itza as well as Tulum and Xel-Ha. I'm told that the bus fares are super cheap ($.60 cents) so we aren't bothering renting a car. We will be also going to Isla Mujeres and the ferry ride is also cheap. I'm told that there's lots of snorkeling spots there. Also we'll be traveling down to Playa Del Carmen for the day, then take the ferry out to Cozumel. We won't be spending much time in the night clubs, so I can't help you there. But we do have a booze cruise booked, with all the food we can eat, plus an open bar, all night long! Should be fun.

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Isla Mujeres
Isla Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
4. Re: Best Places to Stay/Things to do in Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, October 13, 2004
VANCOUVER, BC
Level Contributor
217 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Places to Stay/Things to do in Cancun

I highly reccomend the riu palace las americas... Great food, great entertainment and very friendly staff !!!

St. Louis, MO USA
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Places to Stay/Things to do in Cancun

From what I have been hearing the RIU's are very good. Especially when it comes to food and service.

Some tours you may want to check out are:

Chichen Itza

Booze Cruise

Pirate Cruise

Jungle tour, Isla Mujeres through Aqua World

Lobster Cruise

Bar Leaping tours

Your hotel rep should have a whole list of tours and fun stuff to do.

Mentioned in this post
Isla Mujeres
Isla Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
414 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Places to Stay/Things to do in Cancun

For an adult but still fun experience with outstanding food and top of the line wine, drinks etc... I highly recommend the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach. This is my favorite hotel BY FAR and I go to cancun at least 4 tiimes a year. I am going in November too. (anyone know waht the weather is like in NOV?)

If you want an ALL Inclusive then the RIU (either) or the Melia Turquesa for a really good value for the money.

Things to do

1 Absolutely swim with the dolphins!!!!

2 Jungle tour or trip to Isla Mujeres

3 In terms of dining.... for upscale the Laguna Grill or Mango Tango. Lorinzillos for lobster and the Plantation House. Camblache for steak and Maria Bonito for Mexican. Margritaville and Pat O'Brians is fun for a more 25 and over crowd. I am 32 and find a lot of clubs like Coco Bongo to be a little to young.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun
Grand Fiesta Americana...
4,369 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Isla Mujeres
Isla Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Laguna Grill
Laguna Grill
6 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Coco Bongo Cancun
Coco Bongo Cancun
15,496 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Places to Stay/Things to do in Cancun

My husband and I just returned yesterday, 10/13. We stayed at the Avalon Reef on Isla Mujeres - it was quiet and wonderful! They are still rebuilding from Ivan. We rented a golf cart from 9-5 ($25) and went with another couple to Garrafon. It cost $15 to get in. We snorkeled - the waves were rough, walked around the tip of the island where workers are rebuilding, stopped for a cervaza. Cheaper outside the park. If you drive take the western road. It is a scenic drive with the ocean. The other side you see what life is like! Another couple we met found somewhere in the middle of the island a park with a jaguar and monkeys. They like it, however, they were eaten up by mosquitoes. Another couple found a bar on the beach somewhere on the road back, western side, they stopped at for four hours. They said it was beautiful and quiet. We talked with them on the ferry ride back so I do not know the name of where they went. We walked a bit through the town and were hounded to buy things. We walked the beaches of both Isla and Cancun. Gorgeous! We turned in early, so never went to any of the clubs. Also went to Chichen Itza. Worth the trip -- very interesting. We enjoyed the ferry rides to/from Isla.

Mentioned in this post
Isla Mujeres
Isla Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico