We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the weather in Cancun in August?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
How is the weather in Cancun in August?

We are going the first week in August ....anyone been there in August before? Let me know some info! Thanks!

1. Re: How is the weather in Cancun in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:11 am, May 30, 2006
Ramer, Alabama
Level Contributor
467 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the weather in Cancun in August?

Other than being VERY HOT and smack dab in the middle of hurricane season, it should(maybe ) be fine! Have fun!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How is the weather in Cancun in August?

I remember going at the very end of July and stepping off the plane and getting hit with a hot steamy wind. I was thinking, "Hmm this is really hot, it must be the jet engines". It wasn't!!! Cancun was the hottest I had ever felt it, EVER! You will get used to it after several days but it will be shockingly hot if you're not in the right mindset.

212eric of People's Choice Guide Cancun Travel Survey

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,087 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How is the weather in Cancun in August?

We enjoyed our trip last year, mid August. It was definately hotter and more humid. I didn't mind, hubby was a little uncomfortable. We just spent more time in the pool than on other trips! More "iffy" clouds, some threatening, but really we only got one thundershower and it was over very quickly.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,834 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How is the weather in Cancun in August?

August is hot and humid, but if you're staying on the beach the ocean breeze makes it more comfortable. Trip Advisor's "Inside Cancun" page on weather has general weather info and averages: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150807-s208/Cancun:M…

Level Contributor
158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How is the weather in Cancun in August?

It's always hot, with the exception of maybe January when it is just warm. But august is even hotter. And huricanes are a possibiity too!

newark
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How is the weather in Cancun in August?

we are also gong in the end of august but all what consern me is the sun is it sunny at that time of the year

8. Re: How is the weather in Cancun in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, October 05, 2009