We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moon Palace questions....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Moon Palace questions....

Booked Moon Palace through a member and we leave in two months.

I think we want Sunrise section for at least a ocean view & possibly a remodeled room.

Any suggestions on a building or block or rooms to ask for??

Anyone ever walked (or better yet a golf cart ride) to the 307 to catch a collectivo into town? I'm really not liking the $40 cab rides....

7 full days, what to do???

Happy travels all!!!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Moon Palace questions....

Theres a bus that runs between moon palace and beach palace. Not sure of the times though.

2. Re: Moon Palace questions....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:07 am, August 20, 2013
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moon Palace questions....

I'm thinking about booking the MP for December. Aren't all of the buildings going to be remodeled and what is a good building to stay in that is centrally located? It is just my husband and I and I'm under the impression one of the sides is more family than the other?

Fenton, Michigan
Level Contributor
36 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moon Palace questions....

Sunrise is generally considered the more "party" area. The pool is usually the place for younger people or people who like more activity to be. All the pools have something going on during the day though. Grand section is the newest section, Nizuc is in the middle and Sunrise is on the other end. Should be easy to get a room that you want since you are going after the really busy time. Ocean views are available at all the sections. You won't spend that much time in the room though. The bus runs twice a day. Just to warn you, the bus fills up quickly. Usually a line starts forming about a half an hour before. (We are usually there during the peak season so this may improve when you are there)

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moon Palace questions....

I would imagine we wouldn't be given the Grand side since that's probably the more expensive side, so it looks like I'd want to be in the Nizuc section because it's in the middle. Thanks for the information!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,266 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moon Palace questions....

Nizuc was always our favorite spot, centrally located, more rooms have ocean view, really neat pool and we preferred the smaller lobby than Sunrises lobby

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moon Palace questions....

Is there a central checking in area? I'm wondering how you would know where to go?

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Moon Palace questions....

My confirmation form says Sunrise, so I would assume I will be checked in @ that particular lobby.

Happy travels

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Moon Palace questions....

@jleigh81, and I can assume that's your confirmation from RCI? :)

I'm wondering if that's the lobby we were take to when we did the timeshare presentation. It was huge and there was a coffee shop in there. if so, it was gorgeous.

10. Re: Moon Palace questions....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:00 am, February 21, 2013