We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI, family of 5 suggestions needed please

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
st louis
Level Contributor
32 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
AI, family of 5 suggestions needed please

Ive been trying to keep a close eye on these boards related to this topic but am def in need of some expert help. We are thinking of AI trip in May. Our daughter will be 2 weeks shy of her 4th birthday, and we will have 2 13 year old boys, our son and his friend. Our dream AI would have:

Kids club for our daughter, just for a few hours here and there, nothing all day

Tween.teen club for the boys, they both love to meet kids from all over

and are very social and love sports

Kids pool and/ or lazy river/ slides

A few dining options, the boys esp love Tepanyaki Japanese restaurants

A coffee/treat bar ( cakes, brownies, etc)

Movie theater

3 star or more. We are pretty down to earth folks from the midwest and dont expect 5 star luxury but something middle of the road budget wise would be great. Also, we know not all of these requests can be found in one place, just looking for what may come close? Mainly we are worried that all the good places seem to be 4 and up in their kids clubs and unfortunately we cant change our travel week to accommodate her birthday. Ive done so much research, that now i cant keep them all straight and remember what is what, so personal opinions/ experiences and or info greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: AI, family of 5 suggestions needed please

Iberostar in Riveara Maya or Barcelo in Riveara Maya

Both have 5 resoprts in one complex and you can use ammeneties at all and both top notch resorts and will give you almost everything on your wish list,

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,379 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI, family of 5 suggestions needed please

Also the family suites at Moon Palace I believe would meet your needs. Lots and lots for kids there including a new flow rider!

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,417 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI, family of 5 suggestions needed please

Great Parnassus has what you are looking for....

st louis
Level Contributor
32 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AI, family of 5 suggestions needed please

Thank you, but I think that Iberostar and Barcelo kids club are 4 and up, as are Moon palace and our daughter will be 2 weeks shy of her 4th birthday and I am worried if they are age sticklers for the kids club. If anyone knows differently Id really appreciate it. She is very verbal, smart and social but I do understand and respect rules and guidelines. We may just have to roll the dice and see what checks off most of the boxes on our list for our budget.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AI, family of 5 suggestions needed please

Have you looked at Marina El Cid in Puerto Moreles? I know they are very family oriented, lots of room options for a family of 5, pool with cliff jump and slide, kid's club (not sure of ages though). You can check out their reviews and the forum for more info. Smaller resort so you can keep an eye on the boys. Decent beach too.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AI, family of 5 suggestions needed please

That is spelled Puerto Morelos, sorry.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,810 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AI, family of 5 suggestions needed please

I second the Great Parnassus. This is our go to place with our kids. A nice mid cost hotel that caters to kids. Also, one of only a few hotels that will allow 2 adults and 3 kids per room. Or 5 people to a room. They consider a kid to be 17 yr old and under. Unlike some other hotels where the cut off is 10 for qualifying as a kid.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
439 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AI, family of 5 suggestions needed please

My kids love Beach Palace in Cancun - small enough that they get to know others, but active enough there is never any boredom. A couple weeks shy of a birthday should not make a difference - we travelled with a family and there son was 6 months prior to birthday and nothing was said.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AI, family of 5 suggestions needed please

We've been to Beach Palace, Great Parnassus and Marina El Cid.

If it fits your budget, Beach Palace was our favorite.

The other two also had great food but beach at Marina el Cid is lousy. On the other hand the beach at the other two is gorgeous to look at but has dangerous undertow.

We are considering Iberostar Cancun for spring break next year. Our spring break this year is at Bluebay Grand Esmeralda in April, unfortunately also has lousy beach but fit our budget.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,027 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: AI, family of 5 suggestions needed please

The Omni Cancun is a nice resort but it is smaller than than the others mentioned. I'm not sure what their kids club situation is but it is definitely a family resort. They have three bedroom villas that would accommodate your group. They also have a hot tub swim up bar that is right on the beach (18+).

Check it out. It is a great place but it is a little short on some of the amenities you are looking for.