We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 Apple square deal-adults only, Riviera Maya

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
WI
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
6 Apple square deal-adults only, Riviera Maya

We are looking at booking a 6 Apple square deal-adults only in Riviera Maya. All options would be fine except Luxury Bahia Principe Siankaan, as it is now an adults only. Has any one been placed there with an Apple square deal?

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 6 Apple square deal-adults only, Riviera Maya

My husband and I booked a 6 apple square deal today (not AO) I wish I knew there was that option. We ended up paying $2450 and are flying direct from Denver and starting six nights. We honeymooned at SSS in August and loved it-fantastic resort! I have checked out the apple site and now I'm so worried about getting the Luxury Principe Sian Ka'an. I definitely do not want to stay here as it's not even on the beach and we don't want to golf on vacation. I'm looking for any type of relief in knowing the chances of going here are slim. I've emailed my TA but probably won't hear back until Monday. Any advice!? If we do get this resort we will make the most of it but being on the ocean is important. I didn't know this resort was six apples until tonight...which is my own fault :/

GR Michigan
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 6 Apple square deal-adults only, Riviera Maya

I think chances are slim. The resort does get great reviews though, I can't imagine being disappointed. With Apple you can cancel your reservation and re-book something else, ie: do adults only instead. As long as you are booking something that cost more.....at least that is what my travel agent told me.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 6 Apple square deal-adults only, Riviera Maya

From what I have read, if you did not do the AO option, you will probably end up at a Dreams resort.

Columbia, Missouri
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: 6 Apple square deal-adults only, Riviera Maya

I am traveling on the 6 apple adult only square deal departing 3/24, I would love to know where you all end up.

Pittsburgh, Pa.
Level Contributor
200 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: 6 Apple square deal-adults only, Riviera Maya

Unless all 3 Secrets are full, you will get a Secrets. They are owned by Am Resorts whom also owns Apple Vacations, Dreams, Now, Sunscape, and Zoetry.

I did one in 2009 and got Secrets Capri.

WI
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: 6 Apple square deal-adults only, Riviera Maya

Just wondering. Has anyone ever stayed someplace other than Secrets with the 6 apple adults only square deal?

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: 6 Apple square deal-adults only, Riviera Maya

I met with my TA the other day for all our travel documents and she told me she has stayed at the Principe Sian Ka'an before and that it is absolutely beautiful and above and beyond some other resorts. I am no longer worried about where I end up. I just wish we had booked AO so we could go back to SSS or another AO as we LOVED it. Oh well, we should know on the evening of the 18th where we are going on the19th. I'll update when we find out and look forward to hearing where everyone else ends up as well! :) YAY to upcoming vacations!!!!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: 6 Apple square deal-adults only, Riviera Maya

There seems to be a lot of "worry" over where people will be placed. Just how much are you saving my booking this versus your preferred resort? I don't think I'd be willing to leave a week-long holiday up to chance myself.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: 6 Apple square deal-adults only, Riviera Maya

My wife and I are leaving for the deal in 2 weeks. Hoping for SSS and, as of prices now, we are saving over $500 pp! Killer suspense, but we know it will be adults only and not Indiana!

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: 6 Apple square deal-adults only, Riviera Maya

We saved $500 - that is if you look on applevacations.com and put in your dates and see what the total would be for one of the 6 star resorts. We paid $2450 and the NOW Sapphire is showing $2950 total for two.

I dont think it's so much worrying about where you are going, it's more so the anticipation of finding out. All of the 6 star resorts are excellent and have high ratings. I admit, I was a tad worried at first but now I am just anxious to know where I'll be and can't wait to get there! :)