We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capt Hook dinner/show in lagoon or out at sea?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Woonsocket
6 posts
Save Topic
Capt Hook dinner/show in lagoon or out at sea?

We may be going on the Capt Hook dinner "cruise". Does anyone know if this is out at sea or is it really in the lagoon? It doesn't say on their website, but I've seen the lagoon mentioned several times in ads. If you've been, was it calm or could you feel a lot of movement. One of our party is concerned about seasickness. thank you.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,898 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Capt Hook dinner/show in lagoon or out at sea?

They leave the bay and head out into the channel between Cancun island and Isla Mujeres. That is what people refer to as "the lagoon" even though it's not. It's the channel - open water. We stay at The Royal in Cancun (a Royal Resort) and see them nightly.

Cheryl

Woonsocket
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Capt Hook dinner/show in lagoon or out at sea?

Oh, too bad. Quite a few of the sites I've seen say sail Nichupte lagoon so I was hoping it would be calm and she could go. :( Thanks for replying.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,898 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Capt Hook dinner/show in lagoon or out at sea?

Make sure you are talking about the same thing - there is a Lobster cruise on Nichupte Lagoon and then there is the Captain Hook on the channel between Isla Mujeres and Cancun.

The channel is usually quiet, too - it's protected water and not open water like on the long side of the 7. But, there are times when it is more rough. The lagoon is quiet.

Cheryl

Cancún, Quintana...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Capt Hook dinner/show in lagoon or out at sea?

This blog post had some great recommendations that you may not find on their website. Hope this helps. …blogspot.mx/search/…20Cruise

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,898 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Capt Hook dinner/show in lagoon or out at sea?

This is the one on the Nichupte Lagoon:

http://www.thelobsterdinner.com/

Cheryl

Chetek, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Capt Hook dinner/show in lagoon or out at sea?

Have not been on this excursion but if worried about sea sickness my husband and I use Bonine. It is over the counter at Wal-Mart . Been deep sea fishing, on catamaran and no problem s. Plus doesn't make u drowsy like dramamine.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,898 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Capt Hook dinner/show in lagoon or out at sea?

I second Bonine. It's Meclizine and is available over the counter in the US and Mexico. Works very well.

Cheryl

Woonsocket
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Capt Hook dinner/show in lagoon or out at sea?

I guess I must have been seeing posts on the two different cruises. I use Bonine myself and really like it. Take the Dramamine to fly, since I want to be drowsy! but Bonine when I want to stay awake. thanks for everyone's input.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Capt Hook dinner/show in lagoon or out at sea?

I am quite familiar with Captain Hook's Dinner Cruise, it departs from El Embarcadero at Km 3.5. They have 4 boats (looklikes pirates ships) first Boat leaves a bit after 6:00 PM, next one at 6:30 PM...etc. depending on how many reservations they have for that night. The cruise is on the ocean but it is very calm 99% of the time as they travel where the ocean is protected by Isla Mujeres. Here is their website:

www.captainhookcancun.com

Oldbury, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Capt Hook dinner/show in lagoon or out at sea?

Hi everyone!

I want to book this excursion but need to know if they do a vegetarian option for the main meal?

I have emailed them, however they haven't replied!

If anyone could let me know that would be fantastic!

Thanks