We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ever been hotel bumped by Funjet? To Palace

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Minooka, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,653 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Ever been hotel bumped by Funjet? To Palace

Hi ~ we're leaving Thursday for the Caribe and just got a message from FJ asking if we would like to move to the Palace?

Ever happened to you? Did they offer anything? I'm willing to make a change for once, but the b.f. is very hesitant. Thanx

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ever been hotel bumped by Funjet? To Palace

Zeeka,

Funjet called you directly, so I assume you booked online. If my travel agent called and said they wanted us to move from Golden Parnassus I would have a hissy fit. We have gone with Funjet for the past several trips in a row and some prior to that. Some we booked online, all the recent ones with a travel agent ever since hurricanes got to be a problem. We have never had Funjet offer anything different.

You are aware of the fact that the Palace is not in Cancun, right? It is probably an upgrade from the Caribe, though, but I'm not sure since I haven't been there before. Others would know.

Cancun
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ever been hotel bumped by Funjet? To Palace

You were moved from Riu Caribe to Riu Palace Las Americas? Just wanna be clear which hotels exactly you mean. If it's the Rius and it is the RPLA, it's an upgrade and I would just take it. If they are moving you out of Cancun, that's a different story.

Minooka, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,653 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ever been hotel bumped by Funjet? To Palace

Hi Two... How you doing??

Yes, we booked this online. Booked at the Riu Caribe and the offer is to Riu Palace. She supposedly offered another time at the hotel, but we pay the airfare..

I've also heard that there has been people moved when they got down to Cancun. I hope she calls back tonite!!! Thanx

Minooka, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,653 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ever been hotel bumped by Funjet? To Palace

The b.f. can be SOooooo stubborn..

Yeah, if they move us out of CC then we'd miss the meet up on the 12th!!!

Cancun
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ever been hotel bumped by Funjet? To Palace

So is it the Riu Palace Las Americas or the Riu Palace in the Riviera Maya?

I get so confused, so easily. :)

Minooka, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,653 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ever been hotel bumped by Funjet? To Palace

Oh, great!!! I assume it's the RPLA in Cancun. The b.f told me of the message, so I hope he listened carefully and understood.

Ohhhh, and reading the reviews now, I would realllly like to try that Riu. Heck, I would go down south too, just for doing something different ~ hahaha. I'm hoping someone will respond who has had this "opportunity".?. Don't get me wrong, I reallllly like the Caribe and know a lot of the people there too.

Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ever been hotel bumped by Funjet? To Palace

Zeeka

Maybe you better talk to the representative next time and make sure that it is the RPLA. When I was at the Riu Cancun, there was a letter posted by the desk asking for anyone to upgrade to the RPLA for free due to overbooking. Unfortunately, my boyfriend saw the letter and 'forgot' to tell me til the day before we left :(. Letter also indicated that they coud not guarantee oceanview and we had already paid extra to have jr suite oceanview at the Riu Cancun. Good luck!

Minooka, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,653 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ever been hotel bumped by Funjet? To Palace

No, Canuck, it's not you, this equation is my fault ~ I didn't know there was a Palace down south too (I should have though with all the Riu's down there.

Yes, that is a good point, becaus we always get a great room at the Caribe (corners). "IF" there is another offer along with this (??) To be continued if I hopefully hear from someone soon (not soon enogh).

Riverside...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Ever been hotel bumped by Funjet? To Palace

If it is a move from the Caribe to the RPLA, I'd take it. You can still make the meet-up on the 12th. With the RPLA you have privileges at all of the other Rius. The RPLA is very close to party central, plus you get a free stay at the Caribe in the future just pay for airfare?

I say yes. If they want to move you to the Riu Palace Mexico or Riu Palace Mayan Riviera, that is another story. They are south of PDC.

Minooka, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,653 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ever been hotel bumped by Funjet? To Palace

Still waiting ~ ~