We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family friendly all inclusive

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
1 post
Save Topic
family friendly all inclusive

Looking to travel to Cancun or Playa del Carmen the last week of May. I am interested in family friendly all inclusive -the most important part is the beach. I want a child friendly beach (she's 7), without big waves or lots of seaweed/seagrass. I want a place with umbrellas, also. Any suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated. We aren't really interested in leaving the resort.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family friendly all inclusive

Club Med or Dreams Cancun both in Cancun.

Plenty of family friendly resorts in Playa del Carmen with much more kid friendly beaches. We liked The Reef Playacar (www.thereefplayacar.com) and went there three times.

Beach at Puerto Morelos not nice at all.

Minneapolis
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: family friendly all inclusive

I would suggest the Hard Rock in Cancun,they have the best beach on the strip,but you would have to be watching 100% of the time,as it can be very rough one day & very calm,the next. they have a kids club,and it is all in clusive,I was just their ,using 1 of my time many weeks-I have over 50- & we did not have any reason to leave the property. Enjoy.

Taunton...
Level Contributor
870 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family friendly all inclusive

Ocean Coral was a nice family friendly AI in Puerto Morelos, we've been 2x with our kids now ages 9/11/13 and had a great time both trips

christiana,pa
Level Contributor
332 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family friendly all inclusive

I would check out the Riu Caribe.

Amherst, Ohio
Level Contributor
498 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family friendly all inclusive

We were at Playacar Palace last December and the water was wonderful. No huge waves, white, white, sand, You could just walk out and float around in the warm water.

Level Contributor
892 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: family friendly all inclusive

Iberostar properties, a bit north of maroma, or Barcelo properties, south of PDC, are great for families.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: family friendly all inclusive

We have been going to the Oasis Palm for the past 7 years. Very calm beach, lots of kids and kids area within the pool. Also the Kids Club is excellent with a different theme every day. Great entertainment at night, especially the "Circus Show". Great value for the money. All rooms were renovated within the last three months. Food is ecellent. Great location, not tooo far from downtown and the middle of the Hotel Zone. Kids under 12 "stay and eat free"...have a look.

Edited: 8:24 am, January 07, 2013
Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: family friendly all inclusive

Barcelo Tropical/Colonial or Barcelo palace - I haven't been there (yet) but check it out -- they have the water park area too for little ones.

Va
Level Contributor
11,201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: family friendly all inclusive

End of May = Jumpoff. I would avoid the hotel zone during that time especailly the Riu Cancun and the fiesta Americana coral beach. I would stick to the PDC/riveria maya area.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: family friendly all inclusive

Iberstar properties get a thumbs up from me for family friendly. From what I saw, the children's program was very well received and they kids put on nightly shows. They have an ice cream shop above the swim up bar. They have a lazy river, and wave pool at the Lindo part. We loved it and it was just my husband and I. Entertainment staff were wonderful. Nightly shows were very impressive, the best I've seen at any of our six trips to Cancun.