We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

upgrading rooms at Live Aqua

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Marion, Iowa
Level Contributor
802 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
upgrading rooms at Live Aqua

we have an oceanview king room booked for next week, if we were interested in upgrading to oceanfront room so we can get a higher level, what would be a fair price to pay? does anyone have input on recent trips and upgrade offers? not sure if we should try and upgrade now, they quoted us 30 usd more per night, or wait and see when we get there, any help would be appreciated!

Marion, Iowa
Level Contributor
802 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: upgrading rooms at Live Aqua

Anyone?

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: upgrading rooms at Live Aqua

Funlover,

When we went with my sister and brother in law, they bumped them up for free. It depends on occupancy and sometimes on the mood of the person checking you in but I would wait to see.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: upgrading rooms at Live Aqua

I always upgrade there (I book what I would be happy with though) and if I get upgraded for free great, if I have to tip a bit great, then if not, I will pay for the upgrade if I want it, but ask what they would charge in pesos instead of cc.

Marion, Iowa
Level Contributor
802 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: upgrading rooms at Live Aqua

Thanks guys. That is what I am leaning towards. Just waiting. We booked ocean view so that would be ok too. But would love oceanfront on higher floor if not too much more money.

Marion, Iowa
Level Contributor
802 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: upgrading rooms at Live Aqua

Never thought about asking for price in pesos?

Marion, Iowa
Level Contributor
802 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: upgrading rooms at Live Aqua

i think i will wait until we get there, i read on here somewhere that oceanview are a bit quieter. guess we will wait and see!

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: upgrading rooms at Live Aqua

That might be true as OF are going to be right in middle where everyone walks by and OV would most likely be closer to an end.

Marion, Iowa
Level Contributor
802 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: upgrading rooms at Live Aqua

pamichelle, are there just elevators in the middle of the resort or are they on the sides? thanks again for your help! next week at this time we will be there!

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: upgrading rooms at Live Aqua

They are more on the sides so you need to make sure you choose the right set to go to "your side" of the building. Not on the very ends though. You know the big cutout in the middle? Sort of on either side of the cutout are the elevator banks.

You will have a great time!!!

Edited: 8:49 pm, December 30, 2012
Marion, Iowa
Level Contributor
802 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: upgrading rooms at Live Aqua

Oh ok. So 2 sets. One on each side of the cut out?