We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there free shuttle between palaces??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ohio
Level Contributor
832 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is there free shuttle between palaces??

We were at the Moon Palace two years ago and we thought that there was a free shutlle between some of the Palaces but not all of them. Also, we didn't know if it was something that was in our package or if it is automatically included. We are going to the Cancun Palace in April and would like to be able to go back and forth to the other palaces.

If the shuttle is not included, can anyone tell me about the public bus system. Where to catch them, how much, how late they run??

Thanks for any info

St. Louis, MO USA
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there free shuttle between palaces??

There is a shuttle but good luck finding it. Best to take the bus but you can only get to the Moon Palace by taxi unless you get lucky and find the shuttle. There is a schedule posted to when the shuttle is going to be at whatever Palace Resort your staying but it doesn't follow it. Like I said before, GOOD LUCK!

Locust Grove...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there free shuttle between palaces??

Moon should have the schedule for you. Last few times we were there, it leaves at 12,2,4,and 6pm I think and goes to Sun, Beach, and Cancun. You get a ticket to take it back 4 hrs later or take a taxi back to Moon if you want to stay longer than 4 hrs. Local bus service in the zone is frequent and cheap.

Boyne City MI
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there free shuttle between palaces??

We stayed at Cancun Palace in Dec. Moon offers shuttles to Cancun & Beach Palace, but Cancun does not offer shuttles to Moon. We took at taxi to Moon for the day - cost $16 each way.

Public bus will take you to Beach or Sun Palace. They run 24/7 and there are bus stops everywhere. If you would like to go to Xpu-ha, you can take the included tour that also goes to Tulum. You have the choice of omitting Tulum and staying at Xpu-ha all day.

Little Rock Arkansas
Level Contributor
280 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there free shuttle between palaces??

are these real palaces that we can visit? I thought that Englund was the only place with palaces. this is exiting.

Ohio
Level Contributor
832 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there free shuttle between palaces??

"the palaces" are a hotel chain in Cancun. They are a very nice chain of hotels, there are a total of six of them. And I think according to the website there are a few more scheduled to open this year (not in Cancun) The nice thing about them is the "stay at one, play at all" It breaks up the eating and drinking the same thing at the same hotel for 7 days straight. Check them out at palaceresorts.com

Thanks for the info on the shuttle. We will check for schedules when we get there.