We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed Bugs, Spiders, Bugs...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
PARK FOREST, IL
11 posts
Bed Bugs, Spiders, Bugs...

Yes I know we live in a world with 2 million insects per person, (that is the truth).. But is thier seriously Tarantulas walking around, like the big hairy ones? Also is their little lizards too? My friend just got back from vegas and got the whole hotel stay for free cause they had bed bugs and she had tons of bites on her. It was disgusting and that weirds me out, so I figure if I bring some lysol that will help. Also I heard their is a Wal Mart their is that true? That is nuts....

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,960 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Bed Bugs, Spiders, Bugs...

I've been going to Cancun for 17 years and never seen a tarantula. There are little lizards called geckos. They are harmless and eat insects. You'll hardly ever see one inside, mostly outside on the upper walls. There are iguanas around the grounds of some of the resorts as this is their environment. They won't bother you, they come out to sun themselves and let people take photos.

I'm not going to comment on the bed bug thing. Never been my experience.

Cheryl

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
6,300 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Bed Bugs, Spiders, Bugs...

Rosenfeldt- do you know the name of that hotel in vegas? That is very bad, she should get more then the whole week free, what about her doctor bills and pain. Tell her to contact a lawer in Vegas, there is lots of them there, sounds like she has a very good cliam agaisnt that hotel. Have her take some pictures of her body and make sure she goes to a doctor. I have heared some people can get very sick just from bed bugs, most get better but some need lots of help to heal right.

PARK FOREST, IL
11 posts
3. Re: Bed Bugs, Spiders, Bugs...

Flamingo

Wiltshire, U.K.
Level Contributor
3,769 posts
1 review
4. Re: Bed Bugs, Spiders, Bugs...

Yes, but she got a free holiday out of it.

I'd be willing to take a few bites if it meant being able to go on holiday again.

(Where can I buy bed bugs to sneak into my hotel? Does Walmart sell them?)

PARK FOREST, IL
11 posts
5. Re: Bed Bugs, Spiders, Bugs...

You are funny, you dont want them she looked like crap and felt like that also.......

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
6,300 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: Bed Bugs, Spiders, Bugs...

Hey I am not kidding about some of the people who get very sick. Your skin can break out with rashes and not heal. Very old people or those with aids can even die. Look it up on Google if you don't belive me.

Wiltshire, U.K.
Level Contributor
3,769 posts
1 review
7. Re: Bed Bugs, Spiders, Bugs...

Would I be OK with a jar of fleas and a couple of rats?

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
6,300 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: Bed Bugs, Spiders, Bugs...

Did you hear about the man and wife who claimed to bite in to a bit of a human hand at wendy's last year in vegas? Well they are both in jail now, don't go messing with phony claims here, they will look in to it and if they can proof you made it up you could land up in jail too.

PARK FOREST, IL
11 posts
9. Re: Bed Bugs, Spiders, Bugs...

Bed bugs are ugly and hide in like the seams of the bed and she has pictures and the bed underneath where they hung out looked orange, and like pepper spots. It was so so so gross, make sure you look under the mattress anywhere you go. Also use lysol cause on dateline NBC they showed how hotels dont change the big comforter but like every 3 months and some 6 so that means alot of built up crap...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
10. Re: Bed Bugs, Spiders, Bugs...

lysol?