We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avalon Grand Cancun new management

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
29 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Avalon Grand Cancun new management

We are members of Avalon Grand Cancun & we are wondering what is going on with the new management. We have not received any information. We found out it is no longer a part of the Avalon Resort group & has been removed from the website. We have tried to contact the vacation club manager, who had nothing to say! We are ready to start a class action suit because we have a contract, and as members, we are kept in the dark about this. Are any of you other members informed?

Kelowna, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Avalon Grand Cancun new management

Seriously? That isn't what any of us bought. We upgraded our membership at the Isla Mujeres so we could go there, and now we can't. I still have monthly payments, has anyone else stopped paying?

Spring Lake, MI
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Avalon Grand Cancun new management

Jelep, If you stop paying, your name will go to a collections agency, you'll get late fees, too. I think I need to hire a lawyer to get out of this. Or a bunch of members might be able to file a class action suit.

Spring Lake, MI
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Avalon Grand Cancun new management

I'm a mad Avalon member.

My contact info is:

Linda Goss 616-844-4172

lindakg53@gmail.com

Michigan

Kelowna, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Avalon Grand Cancun new management

Hi Linda, thanks for your post. I found a couple of companies, that say they can canel the contract without paying them unless they do what they say. I've heard things like this before and will investigate slowly. The companies are: Blaine Consulting Group 1-866-450-5409 and Mexican Timeshare Solutions which can be Googled. I will report back if that is ok?

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Avalon Grand Cancun new management

We are also members of Avalon vacation club and are very angry NOT to be able to use the Reef Cub. I am very interested in any and all information and will be willing to file on a class action suit. Thank you to all of you!

Edited: 8:39 pm, April 24, 2013
Kelowna, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Avalon Grand Cancun new management

That's great your are getting to get away to Paradise. I look forward to hear what you find out, but don't waste too much valuable vacation time and energy looking into things. We all will appreciate your comments. I would say have a margarita on me in the members lounge, but apparently there isn't a lounge anymore:( Have a safe and wonderful trip.

Dallas
Level Contributor
292 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Avalon Grand Cancun new management

My husband and I are members at the Avalon Grand since 2005 as well. We visited the Avalon Grand in Sept 2012. Please see my previous posting from our visit for more information. Please include us on any information or Class action suit. Email: Bergie011954@yahoo.com.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Avalon Grand Cancun new management

IMO, the only hope you may have is:

http://www.profeco.gob.mx/

Hoping for the best for all of you...

Spring Lake, MI
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Avalon Grand Cancun new management

Dear cancunmole,

The website you have adviced to us is in Spanish & I'm not fluent in Spanish. What does it say that you think will be helpful to us?

Edited: 10:00 am, May 02, 2013
Kansas City MO
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Avalon Grand Cancun new management

We bought our timeshare as they were building the avalon. We are also ticked about all the changes, we kept hoping that things would get better. We feel ripped off. We would like to be included in the suit also.

tmkr1isme@kc.rr.com