We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymooner looking for right resort..?help

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Salt lake City
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Honeymooner looking for right resort..?help

I have spent the last week looking for the right resort for our honeymoon, there are so many to chose from, looking for a 5 or 6 star...please help me..

St. Louis, MO USA
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymooner looking for right resort..?help

RIU Cancun or RIU Palace Las Americas, if money isn't an option.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
94 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymooner looking for right resort..?help

Moon Palace was very nice for our honeymoon. Very nice, jacuzzis in the hotel room, ocean view rooms, all inclusive. Not many/any kids. It's very secluded from the rest of the hotel zone, so that may not be ideal if you wanted to walk to nightclubs.

Tulsa, Ok
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymooner looking for right resort..?help

Dreams Resort and Spa is very nice for honeymooners. They put a banner on your door with "honeymooners" written on it with cupids and hearts. When you walk in the door there are rose petals leading up to the bed where they have made a heart out of rose petals on the comforter with swans in the middle of the heart that they have made out of bath towels. There are also rose petals on the bathroom counter and around the tub. Also a bottle of champaign and fresh fruit waiting for you.

I recommend staying in the Club Tower. Very nice rooms, all ocean view and very quiet.

I have pictures of the rose petal heart and swans. Also pics of the resort, room and beach. Leave your e-mail address if you would like me to send them to you.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
107 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymooner looking for right resort..?help

My idea of a perfect honeymoon is NO KIDS!! The Secrets Resorts are really catered to a romantic and couple (no kid) atmosphere and are perfect for a honeymoon. All of the other hotels mentioned are not "adults only" but this is up to you. The Royal Hideaway is very romantic also. They allow 13 yrs and over so there may be younger teenagers but no babies or big families.

I love kids but not on a honeymoon. We love the Secrets hotels and are going to Royal Hideaway in May.

Little Rock Arkansas
Level Contributor
280 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymooner looking for right resort..?help

I love kids and want to be by them on my honeymoon. Then I can watch my new husband interact with them too! But I would not want crying babies by us all night either. And some adults can be loud too at night. Guess maybe there is not a perfect place but make the best of it!